Vaco is a private-equity backed solutions company that provides consulting, managed services, staffing, and placement services globally. Established in 2002 by "Big 4" consulting veterans, Vaco now has over 40 offices and has worked with over 9,000 clients. We have over 6,000 consultants and been named to Inc. magazine's list of fastest-growing private companies for the past 12 years. Vaco offers boutique services with global reach.
The Vaco Cyber Security team's success relies on the trusted relationships built with our clients. We recognize the challenge organizations encounter improving security, restructuring operations and handling risk while maintaining compliance and keeping costs down. Our information security specialists work closely with organizations to provide the solutions that best match business and security objectives. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to utilize and expand your skills through client experience and industry training while collaborating with security professionals across industries. Our team provides the full spectrum of security services to clients including, Strategy & Advisory, Identity & Access Management, Cyber Security Operations, Managed Services, Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
Looking for an exciting career opportunity in Cyber Security Architecture? Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you! Right now, we are looking to fill a position for our Cybersecurity Architecture and Assurance Team. With Vaco, you will have an advantage over your competition! Our information security practice maintains strong relationships with clients, connect your experience with the right consulting project-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our team will provide you with great insight about trends in the market - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, opportunities to work on exciting, impactful projects, and opportunities for industry training and advancement. If you're an experienced, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As key member of the Cybersecurity Architecture and Assurance team, this position is responsible for leading end to end security domain innovation and maturity, developing and continuously updating future state architecture views for the enterprise to incorporate state of the art as well as emerging security solutions. The Senior Cybersecurity Architect possesses the ability to conduct technical cybersecurity assessments to quantify the risk associated with threats and vulnerabilities against new technologies as well as innovative technical processes. This role provides significant inputs and outputs to the cybersecurity risk management, engineering, threat intelligence and Infrastructure teams. Collaborates with senior IT and business stakeholders across the enterprise to design, shape, evangelize and achieve the security vision.
- Overall responsible for end-to-end security capability development initiative from business case development, through architecture, design, deployment and transition to operational state
- Drive the future state architecture for security domains, and partner with strategy and domain experts to ensure alignment of investments
- Develops and maintains complex security architecture artifacts, including reference models and strategy mapping of security capabilities
- Conduct assessment of applications built in, or migrated to, Cloud IaaS environments; recommend technical risk improvements and monitor adherence to cloud security standards
- Performs requirements analysis and the development of use cases, security architectural views (e.g. conceptual, logical, and physical), reference models and architectures, security architectural principles, and patterns
- Provides thought leadership in multiple security domains to internal business and IT stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with key cybersecurity, infrastructure, network, cloud, endpoint and application resources across the enterprise
- Provides technical briefings to executive leadership
- Researches available state-of-the-art technologies and solutions
- Cybersecurity design, engineering and implementation experience with endpoint, network, perimeter, deep packet inspection, layer 7 WAF (cloud preferred), vulnerability, configuration, asset, encryption, advanced logging, authentication, pen tests and secure application development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s). Master's Degree preferred but not required.
- IT Security-related credentials such as CISSP, CCSP, CRISC preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the information security field with extensive knowledge of endpoint, network, perimeter, application, authentication, encryption, cloud and mobile security controls with at least 5 years of experience dedicated to the cybersecurity architecture function
- Ability to develop highest level of conceptual and reference security architecture that have significant enterprise impact to improve the cybersecurity vision while enabling technology and business innovation
- Must have proven thought leadership in emerging cybersecurity technologies and frameworks
- Knowledge of Regulations, Standards and Frameworks, including ITAR, DFARS, SABSA, NIST, ISO 27001/2, CSA, CIS
- Executive-level presentation skills both verbal and written
- Significant project ownership, including financial and vendor management experience
- Thought leadership in state of the art, and emerging security platforms and technologies with emphasis on identity, network, application, endpoint, perimeter, cloud, data protection and cyber threats, vulnerabilities, intelligence and risk mitigation controls and techniques
- Broad security knowledge working in a large-scale enterprise environment of diverse applications, network, systems, databases, SaaS solutions as well as Cloud-based cybersecurity protection, prevention, detection and response capabilities
- Ability to conduct a gap analysis of current versus desired state capabilities
- Advanced knowledge with major cybersecurity control frameworks
- Advanced analytical, capability delivery and transition to operational state skills
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment, make decisions and take appropriate action
- Problem solving and analytical abilities including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business knowledge
- Initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge
- Understanding of basic project management principles