Job Summary (Purpose):
SAP Development Manager will assist Director Center of Excellence in leading SAP & Process Integration Developers and contractors. This includes design, code, test, debug, documentation and overall maintenance/development of the SAP programs as defined by business processes. The SAP Development Manager will also independently lead technical projects under the guidance of Sr. Manager. In addition, this position takes a leadership role in ensuring the secure development, administration, and operation of SAP Process Integration and Workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all phases of SAP development through technical program definition, design, coding, unit testing, technical documentation and walkthroughs for all assigned SAP related objects and projects, to support company business and operational needs.
- Participate and contribute to the detailed work plan as it relates to development and in accordance with overall project plan
- Maintain a strong understanding of the client's business needs to ensure business requirements are translated into application code. This includes assessing business requirements, analyzing the architecture of business events and data that supports the architecture, evaluate possible solutions, and present recommendations to management
- Provide top level SAP development expertise to drive the successful completion of the client’s Project Foundation and ongoing post-project support
- Ensure that all SAP development is performed in a way that complies with IT strategic direction, adheres to defined software standards and SAP Best Practices, produces high quality results that are scalable.
- Provide effective development support by modifying, testing and integrating SAP development objects with the goal of minimizing production defects and business impact. Ensure that production defects are responded to quickly and efficiently to debug and correct production defects with the goal of identifying and correcting root cause.
- For critical issues occurring after hours, SAP Development needs to be on call (24x7 if necessary) to ensure defined service levels are met and business impact of any production defects are minimized.
- Work with Basis and Process team leads to ensure DEV and TEST systems are managed properly to ensure quality testing and movement of objects through the SAP landscape. This includes effective analyzing, defining and properly testing releases to production SAP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess proven expert programming skills within SAP software and associated programming technology, tools, and middleware (SAP Process Integration)
- In-depth technical knowledge of the full range of SAP technologies
- Proven track record architecting sound technical solutions using SAP technology to successfully deliver end-to-end solutions while adhering to Software Development Lifecycle best practices and existing SOX controls
- Experience with Netweaver tools including Development Studio, Java PDK, Web Dynpro, etc.
- Ability to transform business function requirements into technical program specs, and to code, unit test and debug programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot interfaces between SAP and external applications
- Ability to make quick and informed decisions based on proper risk/reward analysis
- Ability to work effectively within in a cross-functional, matrix team environment.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate project management updates.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related discipline is required
- 6 - 8 years of experience working and developing within the SAP environment, FIORI and with SAP ABAP programming language and Process Integration with at least 2 years of experience in leading/managing the efforts
- Experience with at least 1-2 full SAP implementation life cycles
- Extensive experience working directly within SAP modules SD, FSCM, FI, IS-Oil, and OGSD.
- Extensive experience with IDOC, BAPI, ALE, EDI, RFC and standard practices for architecture, developing, and enhancing SAP interfaces.
- Additional training and/or coursework demonstrating commitment ongoing skills development is desirable.
- Certification in ABAP programing and/or Process Integration is desirable.