At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch is seeking a strong Senior Appian Developer to work on a new ESG platform. The ideal candidate is someone who:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Worked on technically complex systems with strong previous hands-on experience in development using Appian.
- Has experience with Appian Plug-ins (i.e. Advanced Document Templating, Dynamic Document Generator, PDF Tools, PDF Utilities, Redline Comparison).
- Has experience with Appian integrations (i.e. PostgreSQL, AWS S3, PostgreSQL, GraphQL)
- Has experience in interpreting complex requirements associated with Analytical tools.
- Has experience mentoring and training associate level developers
- Develop workflows, low code UIs and rules using Appian
- Integrate Appian with legacy applications, design custom plugins, where necessary
- Work closely with project's Product Owners / Business Analyst/Enterprise Architects to understand requirements and advise on technical capabilities/limitations of Appian
- Lead the team on setting up the Appian CI/CD pipeline and integrate it with organizations delivery mechanism
- Work in Agile Environment to Design and Architect the program
- Conduct Explorations and POCs on Appian capabilities and their right usage within the organization
- Guide the team on BPMS and Appian best practices
- Help set governance and administration models on Appian for the organization
- Champion Appian usage and highlight its capabilities within the organization
- Provide production support and help set support best practices to Appian applications
- Stay current on latest BPMS trends and Appian features
- Extensive experience of enterprise software development with solid design and development experience in Appian
- Expertise in Appian Architecture, Design and best practices, mainly in workflow, rules and low code UI capabilities of Appian
- Strong background in relational database design and SQL
- Working knowledge in application servers, web servers, operating systems, and web application architectural concepts
- Expertise in Test automation with Appian
- Familiar with Appian setup, administration, performance optimization and support in a cloud model
- Self-starter, Independent thinker and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a mixed co-located & offshore team
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles (SDLC) with a primary focus on agile methodologies.
- Appian Level 2 credential
- Deployment tools (Bamboo, Ant, Maven)
- Source control tools (GIT/BitBucket)
- Familiarity of Cloud Computing AWS or Azure (Compute, Storage, Database, Deployment and Application Services)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience in Financial Services industry
• Strong academic background, educated to degree level, ideally in computer science or engineering
• Excellent interpersonal / relation building skill
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Highly motivated to deliver results and meet deadlines
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES ONLY:
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Fitch requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after October 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Fitch will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.