Overview Our Team
Technology Services Group (TSG) leverages BNY Mellon's modern technology infrastructure to enable powerful business solutions while vigorously prioritizing our stability and resiliency.
TSG Engineering - Infrastructure is the foundation of our business, so an engineering discipline focuses on security, risk and compliance drastically reduces risk to the operational environment and ensures adherence to industry regulations Public Cloud SRE Engineer
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team provides engineering, monitoring, support for BNY Mellon-s public cloud infrastructure. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will take an -automate everything- approach to building, deploying and operating public cloud services . Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are reliable, available, stable and performant, meeting the expectations of internal and external customer. As part of the team, you get to establish yourself as a technical leader to build, deliver, maintain BNY Mellon-s cloud environment and drive BNY Mellon-s strategic public cloud program Responsibilities
- Collaborate with public cloud engineering, security, asset management, and other teams to deliver consistent and holistic capabilities, marketplace, and cloud landing zones in Azure and Google Cloud Platform to the company
- Working with security, identity management and engineering to implement IPAM, PAM, IAM, SMS and secure identity management and key management for cloud
- Work with development to build logging, monitoring, and alerting systems to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging, analysis, and optimization in a cloud environment
- Provide support for Cloud infrastructure, perform incident management, triage, and escalation by working with cloud engineering, and production service, and other stake holders
- Work with enterprise change, problem management, incident management to manage changes, problems and incidents
- Design and implement continuous delivery pipelines that provision application PoC, test, dev, and production environments
- Work with teams on Agile/DevOps framework, build automation and achieve Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible), improve operation efficiency
- Develop asset integrations using API, client agents in cloud (ServiceNow, JIRA, Harness)
- Achieve cloud landing zone readiness and obtaining operation readiness by implementing cloud controls and security guardrails
- Review and approve application design according to cloud capability and approved landing zones
- Work with major stake holders to create SLI/SLO-s provide SLA as required
- Create and maintain support documentation and procedures
- 3+ years of experience in a cloud SRE/infrastructure, DevOps engineering, or cloud-related role or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Deep working knowledge of cloud infrastructure engineering in Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS cloud
- Strong knowledge in supporting Windows, Red Hat Linux OSes, containers, and databases
- Understand key networking fundamentals such as routing, networking, DNS, firewalls and load balancing. Experience implementing enterprise solutions using VPC/VNet, F5, Infoblox,
- Deep understanding of data center components that focus around security, networking, compute, storage, and cloud computing
- Excellent coding and scripting skills (Terraform, Ansible) and experience implementing cloud solution using for Iaas/PaaS/SaaS cloud environment
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools and technology like Jenkins, Gitlab and Artifactory
- Working experience with monitoring/alerting/logging solutions (ex: Splunk, Azure monitoring, Google Cloud Platform stackdriver)
- Working experience of automation and scripting skills (Python, Ansible, Terraform, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience in REST APIs and working in an Agile/Scrum Framework
- Excellent technical and analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team and technology community
- Financial industry experience combined with cloud SRE/DevOps experience would be preferred
- Azure, Google Cloud Platform certifications would be preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 8-10 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
The DevOps/Software Engineer
reports to the Head of Site Reliability Engineering and will join our growing Site Reliability Engineering team. The individual will have the skills and experience to work closely with several teams across a vast array of business and technical verticals. We are looking for a well-rounded professional with a passion for emerging technologies. The individual will have development experience with relational and object-oriented databases, analytical ability and must be a solid team player.
Subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/techologies used in the space. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Manages the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Monitors project plans and budgets. Contributes to developing and monitoring the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision. Develops reports in conjunction with the Fellow Architect which demonstrate business opportunities and road map strategies that add business value. Drafts proposals on infrastructure architecture needs for M&A activity, and supports the creation of executive summaries. This person is a subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/techologies used in the space. Consults and advises application development groups on solution architecture design.monitoring implmentation; recommending solutions based on BNYM and industry best practices. Acts as the lead for major incident resolution. Drives strategy to increase automation across the organization. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $77,750 and $163,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.