Magenium Solutions is in search of a Senior IT Service Desk Operations Manager located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. This is a Full Time Permanent Position.
The Operations Center is a leadership position responsible for multiple functions focused primarily on the day-to-day operations of delivering high performing services. Those functions include Hardware Support, Production Scheduling, Quality Assurance, Service Desk, and the IT Service Management (ITIL) program. The ideal candidate will have gained experience commensurate in mid to large enterprise environments having spent considerable time managing the functions listed above.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for managing the Service Desk function including the associated staff, processes, and tools; be the internal customer’s advocate to ensure all support needs are being met.
• Responsible for managing, reporting, and reinforcing the need to consistently meet or exceed published incident and request management SLA targets in the Operations Center and across all functions; work cross functionally with management to measure and promote the importance of consistently meeting SLA targets; proactively manage aging ticket backlogs to meet SLA targets.
• Responsible for meeting regularly with business leaders to solicit feedback on service quality improvement opportunities and implement improvements appropriately.
• Responsible for assessing customer requests in a timely manner in order to promote cost-effective solutions that meet requirements; work collaboratively with teams and business teams.
• Responsible for implementing a highly automated lights out Operations Center leveraging instrumentation to monitor and alert on operating components across the computing landscape; escalate, communicate, and engage appropriate subject matter expert teams for incident resolution.
• Responsible for developing and implementing SOP’s within the Operations Center functions.
• Responsible for developing application and operating system upgrade roadmaps; execute upgrade strategies on a proactive basis working collaboratively with and the impacted business leaders.
• Responsible for managing key vendors and strategic partners; understand the vendor / product roadmaps and how to leverage them to deliver business solutions, remain current and secure.
• Responsible for managing the Production Scheduling environment; ensure requests and incidents are addressed in a timely manner; measure availability, run rates, and job success vs. failure rates.
• Responsible for managing using functional operational metrics to identify and exploit areas of improvement; measure application availability; work cross functionally to reduce application outages and improve availability; develop key performance indicators with challenging targets.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 10 years of experience directly managing technical people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
• At least 5 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting an Service Desk; 3 years of experience implementing a Service Management (ITIL) framework within an IT organization.
• At least 5 years of experience managing within matrixed / cross functional teams.
• A passion for learning and leading; desire to stay current with technology and help plan and strategize to move technology and improvements appropriately forward while being fully aware of and sensitive to risks and business needs and capability.
If interested, please email an updated resume to LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.