Senior Software Developer - Hybrid - Bloomington, MN
- Prepare and communicate detailed design specifications, including database design schema, application structure, and user interface layouts. Interview customers and studies appropriate reference materials.
- Utilize prototypes and storyboarding to demonstrate more complex designs.
- Develop solutions that meet user requirements while being easy to use. Create solutions that are efficient and effective.
- Architect, code, test, and debug programs, ensuring efficiency, proper documentation, and compliance with pertinent Information Services programming standards and guidelines.
- Participate in team-oriented development environment. Collaborate with coworkers to develop solutions and communicate project status updates relevant to coworkers.
- Prepare and communicate plans to implement new applications in live system environment, in coordination with customers.
- Provide training to customers in coordination with technical specialists from the Business Services team. Work with the Communications team to provide documentation for the Intranet where appropriate.
- Collaborate with customers to develop and justify new project requests.
- Communicate effectively with the Software Development Leader on project status and new work assignments and maintain appropriate interactions with persons both within the organization and externally.
- Computer science-related Bachelor's; or Associate's in an IT/IS field, along with two years of industry experience is acceptable.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following development tools: C#.NET, MS Visual Studio (TFS) and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience with shell scripting, and Postscript a plus.
- Experience with Linux scripting or Windows services preferred.
- Solid knowledge of structure programming and object-orientated development methodologies.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to translate business needs into software requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Strong desire to work directly with internal customers.
- Proven initiative and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and ability to deliver superior customer service.
- Proven experience working within an agile work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.