Business Systems Analyst-Senior
This is a Direct Hire need for the client. They are looking for a Senior level BSA with at least seven (7) years of experience.
Manager prefers local candidates who can be onsite 2-3 days a week, as needed.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. This includes understanding, documenting, and evaluating business processes through interviewing stakeholders. The Sr. business systems analyst elicits, gathers compiles and documents user requirements and translates them into functional requirements for technology solutions with an eye to improving processes and systems, enhancing their sustainability, and delivering maximum return on investment. They perform data analysis, data mapping, and data visualization. They work with the programming and architecture staff in designing solutions based on functional requirements including conducting gap analysis. The Senior Business Systems Analyst must have an advanced understanding off the business, functional, and technical aspects of both the business processes and the systems used within the portfolio they support including integrations points and impacts to other business units/systems.
- Evaluate business processes anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and eliciting requirements for change.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to develop business requirements and assist in identifying business priorities and recommended timelines.
- Performs data mapping and data analysis. Creates data mapping and data visualization documents.
- Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
- Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
- Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
- Prepare effort estimation including researching and estimating costs of upgrades and relevance of vendor packages.
- Evaluate release notes for vendor products. Determine impact to current business processes and assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for enhancements and revised processes.
- Perform requirements analysis. Document and Communicate the results of the analysis.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers, project team and business owner(s).
- Participate in technical design of solutions with programmers, solution architects, and other team members.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Select, adopt and adapt appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, conducting of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff. Provides technical guidance to other team members.
- Triage and analyze incidents and problems. Provide clear analysis results including business impact.
- Assist business analyst(s) and test analyst(s) with duties as necessary.
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required.
Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
- Experience working with IT development staff on complex projects
- Strong technical background
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to support deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required
- Experience in in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid environments
- Effectively participates in teams and moves the team toward completion of goals
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts
- Experience with life, annuity and universal life (UL) products, agent commissions, payroll and reporting.
- Strong systems business analysis, data analysis, deductive reasoning, conceptual thinking along with excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical background and ability to analyze and understand the technical aspects of the underlying systems.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus.
- Experience with Ingenium Policy Admin, Vendor solutions (i.e Commissions), ADP payroll and Limra a plus.
- Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components and APIs
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform intermediate to advanced SQL queries
- Experience in scripting
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced skill in Excel including formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and macros.
- Understanding of REST & SOAP Web Service and how to use SoapUI, REST API clients
- Analyze and assess accuracy of sales reports.
- Evaluate and analyze agency data, commission structures, calculations, and commission related accounting data.
- Evaluate and analyze agent payroll processing.
- Collaborate with business areas to resolve commission related issues.
- Provide agency and commission subject matter expertise to projects as needed.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- BS or BA with emphasis in computer science, information systems or business administration
- 7-10 or more years related work experience
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) and/or Certified Business Analysis professions (CBAP) preferred
Currently Hybrid required to be on site 2-3 days, can be remote the rest of the days, but as subject to change.
For more information please contact Shashank Govardhana ator
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects. Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.