Cerner is seeking an experienced Oracle Database Administrator III
to join the CernerWorks project team supporting clients and patients around the world. As a CernerWorks DBA, you will perform project work that keeps critical systems current with the latest technology and best practices while ensuring a stable environment for users. Responsibilities for this role are installing, configuring, and performing major upgrades to Oracle database software, replications and backups, implementing and maintaining database security, conducting proactive and reactive database maintenance. This includes applying database updates and stand-alone hotfixes to client environments, as well as evaluating, implementing, and improving processes for database management. We are looking for someone who can create and maintain comprehensive documentation for supported database technologies outside of the day-to-day performance of upgrades, patching, hardware migrations and client migrations to CernerWorks from on-premises datacenters.Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- At least 6 years total combined completed higher education and related work experience, including:
- At least 1 year of Database, system administration and/or system engineering work experience
- At least 5 years completed higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the job
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics, Operational Research, or related field
- Due to the client contract, you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- At least 4 years of experience installing and configuring, maintaining, and/or upgrading Oracle databases.
- At least 1 year working in Linux command line environments
- At least 1 year of experience managing/maintaining a relational database management system
- At least 1 year of experience upgrading Oracle Databases
- At least 1 year of experience configuring backups and restoring data
- At least 1 year of experience troubleshooting database/host performance issues
- At least 1 year of experience tuning SQL performance issues
- At least 1 year of experience in automation and scripting skills
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Must be open to On-call for minor and/or urgent escalations
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
As of March 31, 2022, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with additional client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.EEO is the Law (English)E-Verify Participation (English)Right to Work (English)EEO is the Law (Spanish)E-Verify Participation (Spanish)Right to Work (Spanish)