Lead DevOps Engineer
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
As CoStar's next Lead DevOps Engineer, you will have a direct impact on highly visible web applications that touch millions of users. You continuously learn emerging technologies and architecture advancements and apply the learnings to improve CoStar's software products. We are searching for an exceptional Lead DevOps Engineer in Washington DC to support CoStar's software products.
This position is in our Washington DC office and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to two days remote per week. Four-day work weeks are also an option for those applicants that are interested. As a Member of the Team You Will:
- Work cross-functionally with Product teams to manage systems and services that provide reliable and scalable solutions
- Utilize continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) using latest DevOps tools and innovative methods
- Pro-active monitoring, analyzing metrics, implementing best practices, and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Create Cloud Architecture and designs based on project requirements
- Creating processes and integrating around new and upcoming technologies
- Have the freedom to build what is necessary based on customer needs
- Bachelors Degree
- 6+ yeas experience with automation Skills (Config Management, Scripting, IAC, Security)
- 4+ years experience with hybrid cloud and on-premise environments (AWS, VMware, Azure)
- Knowledgeable in at least one programming language (C#, Nodejs, Golang, Python, Rust)
- 4+ years experience with managing Highly-Available environments (Active-Active), CDN (Akamai, Cloudflare), Load Balancing Technologies (ALB, NLB, F5)
- 4+ years experience with monitoring tools in areas of APM, synthetics and RUM (Datadog, Prometheus, ELK, AppDynamics)
- 4+ years experience managing containerized environments (Kubernetes, ECS , EKS, Fargate) and related infrastructure
- Experience using build and deployment tools such as Helm, YAML, Terraform, ArgoCD and Chef
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments.
About the Company:
- Some development background in a coding language
- Familiarity with PCI compliance and remediation
- Experience in REST API or Microservices development
- Assisted in training of other engineers
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com , the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR , the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide. Benefits:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing