Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range
$97,300.00 - $160,500.00Target Openings
1What Is the Opportunity?
In support of the growing need for continued coaching, mentoring and development in the area of Agile Product Management in the BCO, this role will support the individual & group development of the Agile Product Management discipline through the APM Community of Practice and beyond for other roles supporting agile product management. This position will develop and execute training and coaching forums to address needs/gaps/opportunities to create and grow the agile product management practices throughout Business Insurance. This position is responsible to coach, mentor & support development of our employees. The Project Director is focused on agile product management to optimize product discovery and delivery.
In this role you may be a part of :
New hire onboarding:
Team Lead Bootcamp
Individualized & need based focused training/learning path
Self-directed/need based development offerings for all Team Leads
Training & development is aligned to coaching framework
Condensed training & development for supporting product management areas
Mentoring & coaching support within a Value Stream, Circle and/or TeamPrimary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The Project Director supports the one-on-one or group coaching & development of the Agile Product Management discipline.
- The Project Director understands the vision, strategy, business outcomes and products for the supported individuals and teams.
- The Project Director enables the Product Teams to build the 'right things' with best practices, and tools through coaching & development.
- The Project Director works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced product & project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- The Project Director will enable the advancement of agile product management practices to drive product outcomes that align with the overall business strategy.
Develops and executes training/development to address needs/gaps/opportunities
Develops and executes individual and group coaching
Reinforce agile product management best practices thru application and modeling the way, such as:
Outcomes over Outputs & Product over Project
Focus on solving problems for your customers/users
Building the right products based on validation and evidence using experiments, testing & early feedback practicesWhat Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- 7 years of project management experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience managing others and/or project/product teams preferred.
- Experience in one or multiple roles on an Agile team, including at least 5 years as a Product Owner/Manager preferred.
- Experience in facilitation and training preferred.
- Very active in mentoring and coaching
- Able to influence behaviors of individuals and leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Stays current on the Agile product management community and industry trends to inform and influence advancing practices.
- Strong understanding and ability to articulate business value of Agile product management practices.
- Experience in facilitation and/or training (coaching a plus)
Experience as Product/Owner & Product Manager on agile product team
What Is in It for You?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email
so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/