Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
We are looking for an energetic, motivated, and smart Lead SW engineer with a passion for networking technologies and experienced in developing embedded systems software. You will be responsible for a working on architecture, development, and research of networking solutions for Nintendo's game systems. The ideal candidate should have strong communications skills and a collaborative working style.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Architect, design, and develop embedded software.
- Provide technical direction and architecture of complex systems.
- Develop new features capable of being successfully deployed in massively used gaming console.
- Research technical issues and provide expert guidance.
- Lead software development activities in a small team setting.
- 5+ years of software development.
- Demonstrated skills of C / C++ programming in a real-time embedded environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, layer 2/3 networking, socket programming, and NAT.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, sense of ownership, and urgency.
- Strong coordination, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- MS degree.
This is not a remote opportunity and you will be required to work onsite in Redmond, WA