We are seeking a software engineer with a passion for data and the financial services business. The engineer will be part of the Data Systems Team which is responsible for the management, curation, and growth of the firm’s mission-critical data. This individual should bring best practice techniques and be interested in turning our data and data platform into a competitive advantage.
The Data Team is currently working to move all data management to a cloud environment and is looking for a very talented and highly motivated individual to join our team. This individual will have the opportunity to learn data management in the cloud from the ground up and be a key enabler of our future.
The Python Data Developer is responsible for the full life cycle of software development activities including working with the business, requirements gathering, design, software development, testing, documentation, and production support.
As a member of the Data Services Team, this individual will need to perform additional team related duties including actively participating in team discussions and meetings, mentoring of other team members, and performing occasional on-call rotation based production support.
1. Responsible for all aspects of software development following the Agile methodology using the Scrum framework.
2. Deliver software products with minimal defects.
3. Deliver software projects that adhere to both team and firm software standards.
4. Partner with the business to deliver best-in-class data solutions.
5. Participate in the team on-call rotation to ensure all critical overnight data delivery SLA(s) are met.
b. Perform daily review and actions for any non-critical overnight failures, data exceptions, or other business user inquiries.
6. Active participation in team meetings and discussions.
1. Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or other related field.
2. At least 3 years of experience managing data and coding in Azure or AWS including data lake usage.
3. At least 3 years of full life cycle software development experience.
4. At least 3 years of experience in software development projects using .NET, Python, and/or MS SQL.
5. Experience implementing or using automated QA tools as part of the software development process.
6. Must have excellent technical and analytical skills.
7. Must have strong communication skills.
8. Must have a passion for new technologies and frameworks including Cloud and Agile Scrum.
9. Experience interfacing with business partners.
10. Track record of demonstrating leadership potential.
11. Knowledge of market data and financial data structures a plus.