Responsible for analysis, design, programming, and implementation of the most complex applications tasks and projects in the area.
Devise feasible, logical procedures to resolve business problems through the use of computer resources.
Formulate scope and objectives through research to develop or modify complex systems.
Provide technical direction and support in the development and support of business systems software and procedures.
Design, code, test and debug the most complex application programs.
This position offers 100% remote work.
20% Provide expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business. Conceive, design, and implement structures and programs to business systems software.
15% Act as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent providing expertise and technical guidance on complex projects. Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to determine business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
15% Provide design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy. Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
15% Perform analysis, design, programming, and implementation on systems and procedures to solve complex business or scientific problems. Develop enterprise-level applications and custom integration solutions. Evaluate complex interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect another related area.
15% Develop programming and development standards. Devise new sources of data and develop new approaches and techniques. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
15% Provide guidance to lower level programmers/analysts. Lead, plan, organize, and/or coordinate complex projects or phases of large projects. Determine and resolve problems with other systems analysts, programmers, and systems users.
5% Test designed programs, verify logic, perform any necessary "debugging," and write the documentation.Minimum Required Education:
- Bachelor's degree-in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree.
Minimum Required Work Experience:
- 4 years of job related work experience
- or 2 years of job related experience plus an associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree
Preferred Work Experience:
- 8 years-of application development, systems testing or other job related experience.
Minimum Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in an agile scrum environnment
- Unit Testing (TestNG) experience
- Formal Agile SCRUM experience
Minimum Required Software and Other Tools:
- Advanced understanding of applications/development, quality assurance and integration methodologies, concepts and facilities in a mainframe, midrange, and/or PC/LAN environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical proficiency in the areas of programming languages, platform capabilities, and methods of systems analysis and program design.
- Advanced analysis, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates logical abstract thinking and assimilating/adhering to project goals and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Extensive knowledge of interpersonal skills/team building.
- Familiar with project management concepts.
- Ability to assess requirements, alternatives, and risks/benefits for low- to high-impact projects.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors etc.
- In-depth understanding of organizational functions, behavior, and inter-relationships.
Preferred Software and Tools:
- Advanced knowledge of relevant operating systems, programming languages, and development tools and their usage in the company.
- Eclipse / IntelliJ
- SOAP/REST Web Services
- Spring Framework
- Java Security - Java SE 6+
Customer-focused, project-oriented programming environment. Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.