UVA's Office of University Advancement seeks applications for multiple Business Intelligence Analysts to join the University Advancement Services team. The Advancement Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst turn broad data streams into actionable information for our business partners who include Advancement leadership, prospect managers, and front-line development officers at the University of Virginia. The incumbent will play a critical role in analyzing the UVA prospect pipeline to provide insights that drive fundraising activity in the ambitious $5 billion Honor the Future campaign. The Advancement BI Analyst will be responsible for strategic data review and analysis through the creation of reports and data extracts using SQL, Tableau, and other BI tools and translating that analysis to inform business processes, ensuring prospects effectively move through fundraising pools, portfolios, and pipelines. They ensure the effective management of the UVA prospect pool and pipeline by applying sophisticated knowledge and skills in the use and manipulation of data and reporting to support all areas of prospect and pipeline development. The Advancement BI Analyst is a creative and agile innovator who takes measured risks, runs pilots, evaluates results, adjusts as indicated and enlists others to produce the very best products and information.
Excellent opportunity for someone who would like to grow their career in Advancement and has a passion for analytics. The BI Analyst will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Conceptualize, analyze, and contribute to the design of comprehensive, unit-wide data visualizations and reports that include assessments of portfolios, pipelines, development officer and unit progress to performance and campaign goals
- Review, monitor, and contribute to prospect and proposal pipeline data through custom report audits and extracts, data analysis, and ongoing communication with partners in University Advancement
- Provide reporting and analysis support in the areas of campaign progress, annual giving, and engagement
- Serve as a technical resource and mentor to colleagues on the Prospect Management & Research team and as a representative of the Advancement Analytics department through presentations and training of external partners
- Contributes to ad hoc Analytics and Prospect Management work
- Seek opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance including ongoing development of analysis and visualization skills, conference attendance, and building networks within the University and peer institutions
- Remain current on economic conditions and philanthropic trends as they affect higher education
- In addition, other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree is required or equivalent combination of education and experience in a business intelligence related discipline
- At least three years of related experience is required, preference will be given to candidates with four or more years of related experience
- Experience in advancement operations, business operations, or fundraising analytics in a higher education setting is preferred
- Prefer candidates proficient with SQL, Tableau, and other business intelligence tools
- Proficiency with Windows environment and standard MS Office suite required
- Demonstrated competency in manipulating data, creation/refinement of data visualizations, and dashboard development
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop reporting methodologies to support organizational goals, mining data from disparate sources, sand sophisticated constituent database queries
- Expert ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely
- Ability to self-motivate and work well with and through others required
- Ability to build strong working relationships and contribute to a positive work environment by serving as a collegial, helpful, and approachable partner within the team
- Scrupulous attention to matters of discretion and confidentiality required
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet short deadlines required
- Ideal candidate has experience working with key stakeholders providing business analysis to drive performance
UVA Advancement offers a flexible and hybrid workplace . All team members must have access to and maintain a secure home office environment with high-speed internet service and work collaboratively with others using a variety of technologies and tools. Depending on the type of position and work performed, or as deemed by manager, some positions may be required to work intermittently in a shared office space located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding and performance. Anticipated Hiring Range: $65,000 - $75,000 commensurate with education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.