DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless. Job Description:As DISH Wireless aggressively expands its new 5G service, the successful candidate will work within a team to ensure RAN Network Functions are deployed ahead of site build schedules. This will include proper dimensioning in place to support required Network Functions (NFs), instantiate NFs for new services, schedule work in conjunction with PaaS and Network teams, support software updates, resolve technical issues and develop methods to streamline processes.Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute the deployment of RAN Network Functions for CU, DU, gNB and RU elements onto various data center and node locations
- Validate Network Functions are ready for service, alarm-free and proper monitoring metrics are applied
- Ensure CIQ data is properly formatted and ingested to Element Management Systems well ahead of deployment schedules
- Support software updates including development of pre-test, deployment and post-test criteria
- Support efforts towards Zero-Touch Protocols (ZTP) and CI/CD methodologies
- Produce and maintain MOPs and other related process flow documentation
- This position may require shift work to support the needs of the business
- This position may provide on-call support on a rotational basis
- Thorough understanding of 5G ORAN Network Functions (CU, CU-CP, CU-UP, DU, gNB, RUs)
- Thorough understanding and experience in deploying NFs and instantiation on virtualized platforms
- Thorough understanding and experience in VMWare products including: ESXi, vCenter, TCA, PhotonOS, Harbor repository
- Experience with Linux systems and associated Command Line Interface (CLIs), COTS hardware, IP and VLAN network architecture including access to trunk ports, DHCP and SR-IOV
- Experience with Kubernetes (K8s) and its associated CLI tool Kubectl
- Understanding of how physical and logical network topology interacts with virtual switching inside VMWare
- Experience using packet capture tools (Wireshark, tcpdump) and ability to analyze data to troubleshoot problems
- Understanding of 5G Core, IMS, oRAN/vRAN in a virtualized environment
- Familiar with RF/RU functions and how to troubleshoot DU to RU interfaces
- Understanding of transport (mid-haul, front haul, lit, dark fiber and eCPRI) protocols
- BS or MS in Engineering or technical degree or an equivalent combination of highly related experience and education
- 8+ years' experience in the wireless industry
- Experience in standing up servers (COTS, virtual/cloud) as well as database tools
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Must be self-motivated, able to manage simultaneous events efficiently
- Able to accomplish goals by working professionally with other team members
Compensation: $103,300.00/Yr. - $154,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.