Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Enterprise Information Security (EIS) Security Engineering team is responsible for enabling secure software deployment and building the vulnerability remediation ecosystem across our technology landscape through the development and operation of security tools and platforms for teams within EIS and Optum. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our ChatOps development team and help build out its capabilities.
Our Senior Software Engineers cover all primary development activities. These activities include but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, operations, and guiding less experienced software engineers.
- Define and develop ChatOps practices within EIS
- Mentor and support less experienced software engineers
- Deliver technical material and updates to leadership
- Contribute to product roadmap
- Decompose product capabilities into deliverable features
- Support cross team collaboration across EIS to drive execution of initiatives
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Implement API and chat capabilities, build cloud deployment platforms, and work across fully automated stacks in a CI / CD ecosystem
- Implement best practices and coding standards of the project
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development & testing, and operational support
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries, and components
- Participate in Agile and DevOps methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Collaborate with the scrum team to meet project timelines
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5 or more years of experience in a software engineering role
- Demonstrated experience with AI/ML/NLP, Recommendation Engine, and/or Knowledge Graph
- Demonstrated experience creating shared components, libraries, standards, and best practices
- Proficient experience developing and maintaining applications/platforms/APIs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience with Azure, AWS, GC, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with JSON, GraphQL, RESTful Web Services
- Experience with Github, Jenkins, Terraform
- Experience developing Node applications
- Experience working in security operations, cyber defense, or application security
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.