Austin, TX Description: JOB DESCRIPTION
As a Sr. Consultant/Lead Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team of Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision.
The role is that of Sr. Consultant/Lead Engineer The successful candidate will help develop customer focused data APIs at scale across petabytes of data using technologies across Java, Hadoop, Spring boot, No-SQL, Dockers & Kubernetes as well as adopting new open source technologies. The job involves system architecture, design, development, Optimization, setting expectations and SLAs with focus on reliability, availability, and performance. In this position, you are first a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. Essential Functions:
Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
Work on development of new products and enhancements to existing systems iteratively by building quick POCs on cutting edge technologies and converting ideas into real products
Work closely with architects, business and technical stakeholders to develop high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
Instill best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements.
Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
This is an on-site position. An on-site position must be consistently performed at an assigned office location and require daily commute to the office location. QUALIFICATIONS
• 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of relevant work experience with Master's Degree, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field Preferred Qualifications:
• 9 years of software development experience, with demonstrated expertise in leveraging development best practice methodologies and at least 2+ years' experience in a lead role.
• Expert in Java programming language
• Expert in Developing Microservices and REST APIs with Spring Boot
• Experience in Building Low Latency and High Performing Data APIs to serve Petabytes of data.
• Dockers & Kubernetes Container experience
• Experience in streaming technologies Apache Kafka, Apache flume, Apache Nifi and Apache Flink.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with non-relational databases (Hbase, Rocks DB,Cassandra,Mongo,Redis, Hazelcast) as well as working familiarity with a variety of relational databases like DB2,Oracle etc.
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
• Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins build tools.
• Solid understanding of distributed system concepts, non-functional requirements like logging, monitoring, debugging, alerting, performance.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience in Distributed data processing and hadoop eco system.
• Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness.
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
• Excellent presentation, collaboration and communication skills required.
• Experience being part of an Agile/Scrum team and following processes Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com