We are seeking a Senior Software developer with a strong hands-on development track record in building integrations utilizing a variety of integration products, tools, protocols, technologies and patterns. The ideal candidate has expert knowledge with a track record of solution delivery using various data integration solutions in situations requiring real time (synchronous and asynchronous) messaging, Publish/Subscribe models, RESTful API, Micro services patterns, Middleware, and other related methodologies in a multi-user, multi-platform, multi-tier environment.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and stakeholders to evaluate and understand business concepts and processes.
- Participates in large-group, coordinated planning sessions, provides effort estimates and timeline commitments
- Refines and grooms the product backlog and user stories.
- Designs Technical/Integration Architecture that services both user and overall business goals.
- Ensures code quality and writes well-documented easy-to-understand code.
- Tests and builds automation for the interoperability of application components under development, across multiple platforms, and in coordination with other product development teams
- Works with other developers to ensure teams are meeting the objectives of the business while adhering to technical and architectural standards and practices.
- Collaborates with Architecture, QA and Infrastructure teams to design and implement the solutions.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems related to system functions, environment, and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies, research emerging technologies and industry trends, and make recommendations on implementation.
- Deliver high quality assignments on time, within budget.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Hands-on development experience in .NET Framework / C# / EntityFramework.
- Experience with WCF, WPF & Silverlight is a big plus.
- Experience with containerization (e.g., Docker) and Container Management software (Kubernetes)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies
- Advanced skills implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market leading API Management tools.
- Ability to work with Postgres / SQL Server databases. Experience with writing and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot problems and effectively communicate with business and technical team members at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Nice to Have/Alternate Skills considered
- Previous Experience with Cloud and Hybrid integrations around one or more of following: Salesforce, Azure, cloud and on premise analytics, Hadoop Ecosystem is a plus.
- Previous experience with BPM and Service Orchestration Tools is a plus.
- Candidates with experience in a different API Integration product like Mulesoft, Oracle SOA Suite or Tibco BW will be considered if the candidate is highly motivated & has all the other skills/concepts required for the Job position.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) based development.
- Extensive experience in query and database access tools, relational databases, technical troubleshooting, database design, data warehousing, application testing, system testing, implementation, and application development tools.
- 7-10 years experience in writing and debugging complex SQL queries.
- 7-10 years of experience in Server side programming with one or more of .Net.
- Must be a self-starter and can operate independently with minimal supervision as well as work closely with our team and very comfortable with working alongside senior leader in the group.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and proven collaboration skills
- Demonstrated financial and operational integrity.
- Understanding of the Project Delivery Framework and SDLC
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile Project Management Methodology
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Strong analytical skills and detail oriented;
Ability to multitask a must ex. Being on top of many things at one time.
Excellent problem solving skills; Professionally assertive and collegial
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, PowerPoint), and at least an understanding of financial applications.
Stable career history - Strong willingness and desire to perform in a fast paced environment!
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Duration: Contract, contract to hire
Vertex Solutions Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, genetics, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.