Atlanta, GA 30308
$85K - 115K base + bonus, pension, 401K match, excellent benefits, etc.
SOC ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY
This position will support the IT security infrastructure leveraged by our Security Operations Center (SOC). Infrastructure technologies include but are not limited to Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms, Netflow, Full Packet Analytics and much more. This position works with other business unit SMEs to ensure the technologies are integrated and fully utilized as intended in the protection of cyber related assets. The role is a technical hands-on role with lots of troubleshooting and problem-solving opportunities.
SOC ENGINEER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A formal education in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience in IT Security related roles is required for this position. Network/Security/System admin experience is preferred.
- Minimum 6+ years supporting IT infrastructure or Information Security devices/technologies.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience supporting and managing Splunk Enterprise deployments
- Minimum of 3+ years of comprehensive working knowledge of Linux, Unix is a must
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and addressing schemes, i.e., TCP/IP functions, CIDR blocks, subnets, addressing, communications, layer 2, Netflow, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
- Ability to support and work in a team environment.
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- On-call support after hours will be required.
- Must comply with any regulatory requirements.
- Experience with and ability to maintain confidentiality of data.
SOC ENGINEER DESIRED SKILLS
- Understanding of Data and System Administration using Splunk is highly desired.
- Experience with distributed clustered environments is a plus
- Windows OS is a plus.
- Scripting skills such as Perl, Python, and/or Shell scripting are a plus.
- Experience supporting Security Information and Event Management products, such as Connectors, Logger, and Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) - ArcSight, QRadar, RSA Envision a plus.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience supporting Netflow technologies - Lancope StealthWatch a plus.
- Database skills with MySQL, SQL, Oracle are a plus.
- Understanding of IT Security and the ability to apply risk management principles in all aspects of IT Security preferred.
- Experience working in or supporting a Security Operations Center is a plus.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform as subject matter expert on Splunk Enterprise tools and deployments utilized by the SOC
- Perform administrative functions managing all SOC infrastructure technology platforms
- Provide support on all SOC infrastructure technology platforms, present and future deployments.
- Perform routine equipment checks, upgrades, and preventative maintenance for our IT Security infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships/partnerships with the cyber security and infrastructure support teams throughout the Information Technology organization, as well as business unit stakeholder SMEs.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships/partnerships with appropriate vendors.
For immediate consideration, please contact Denise Wicks: or 770-346-7205
Synergis ( ) serves the needs of leading technology firms, carefully matching talent to full-time, contract or project positions. Synergis recruiters have been a driving force of the tech space for over twenty two years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer