Data Services team is a shared service team that provides key functional capabilities such as self-service reporting, self-service data analytics, risk analytics, operational reconciliation, and integration of core processes with deployed machine learning models. We are enhancing our team and looking for a Data Engineering Manager to work with us as we transform our Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) group into a data driven organization. The Collateral & Clearance Technology group is responsible for building high-performance critical market platforms. The group designs, builds and supports the platform used for US Triparty Repo and Global Collateral Services solutions. This service has 85% of the US Triparty Repo business with $2.7trn of assets globally. This group supports the most critical client-facing services for BNY Mellon.
Job responsibilities and opportunities
- Designs and creates more complex logical/physical data models, and data dictionaries that cater to the specific business and functional requirements of applications.
- Provides support for data architecture efforts as needed. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
- Develops logical data designs of increasing complexity to deliver stable and flexible high-performance data solutions.
- Performs data extracts and creates complex data reports to analyze user metrics.
- Develops understanding of business needs and functionalities to determine compatibility of database with existing hardware/software applications and recommend the most cost-effective methods.
- Consults with database administration and client areas in resolving questions during the translation to a physical database design.
- Provides knowledge of enterprise data to assist the business in the creation and definition of internal and external message flows.
- Provides knowledge in existing database environments and makes recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancy.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Sr. Principal, Data Management Engineer, Serves as the technical expert in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of data, reporting and database technologies and tools. Consults with businesses to resolve highly complex data issues. Formulates standards, processes and procedures to align with the data architecture/management for major application projects. Leads the creation and evolution of the strategy and direction of database design, business intelligence and analytics. Leads development of complex database designs in multiple parallel projects through in-depth understanding of business needs and functionalities. Consults with database administration and client areas and provides solutions in resolving highly complex issues during the translation to a physical database design. Provides expertise in the most complex processes of integrating data across existing and modified applications. Provides innovative direction and guidance on reports and ensures recommendations are aligned with user needs and capabilities. Stays abreast of emerging technologies and identifies potential use of new and existing technology within lines of business by participating in industry-wide conferences and research and by having in-depth knowledge of various business areas. Contributes to the achievement of Data Modeling/Warehousing objectives.
- Expertise in ETL tools.
- Experience in Snowflake required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required,
- Experience in data modeling, data warehousing, data entity analysis, logical and relational database design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 12+ years of experience in data modeling, data warehousing, data entity analysis, logical and relational database design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.