Overview Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
leverages BNY Mellon's modern technology infrastructure to enable powerful business solutions while vigorously prioritizing our stability and resiliency.
TSG Production Services ensures reliable service delivery through industry best practices as well as warrant a controlled, secure, and regulatory-compliant production environment with greater stability and resiliency.
We deliver enhanced flexibility, scalability, and responsiveness to support dynamic client demands with improved quality.
Production Services EndPoint Services Team provides centralized management and integration of EndPoint products working with multiple security and engineering teams to provide stable services for infrastructure and application health monitoring and security compliance. We work with multiple production services and application teams in a continuous improvement model with deep integration with the automation teams. The Role
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Remediate problems of team owned endpoint products
- Develop, run, and train others on ad-hoc automation utilization BMC Truesight and Ansible Tower.
- Utilize monitoring tools, primarily Splunk and AppDynamics to help investigate active incidents to contribute to faster resolution for the company.
- Oversight/management of integration of reporting database to process improvement efforts to assist the team in supporting code development, support planning for security products Illumio, Symantec, and Defender.
- Operational management and support of team owned applications that are utilizing AppEngine to include Disaster Recovery testing.
- Collaboration with other production support and application teams to improve the accuracy and support response of monitoring events and the underlying tools of Moogsoft, Prometheus, and 1Desk automation.
• 5 years with enterprise experience supporting Linux AND Windows servers. (Must be Server level, not Desktop)
• 1 year of experience with at least one monitoring or reporting tool such as [Prometheus, Moogsoft, Splunk, or AppDynamics].
• 2 years of operational experience with a process management tool such as [ServiceNow (SNOW) or JIRA] Preferred Qualifications
• API code development
• Experience with MongoDB or SQL based databases.
• Experience with automation/orchestration tools
• Experience leading process improvements projects
• Experience leading complex troubleshooting across multiple technology elements [Storage/Network/OS/App]
• Experience on an IT engineering or deployment team
Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.