We are seeking an inventive, results-oriented Senior Engineer to build and maintain services that automate business processes within AWS Hardware Engineering.
AWS Hardware is responsible for designing, qualifying, and maintaining server solutions for AWS and its customers as well as developing new cloud focused hardware solutions. AWS Hardware provides the underlying server management infrastructure used by every server in Amazon, from EC2 to S3 to DynamoDB and beyond.
Key job responsibilities
You will be a member of the data science and analytics team which builds software applications to increase the efficiency and operation of AWS Hardware Engineering. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers and make judgment calls.
What you will do:
* Implement secure, scalable, and low-latency services to support efficient business processes.
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
* Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
A day in the life
As a Senior Developer at Amazon, you are considered a technical leader on your team, understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs, take ownership of software architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance, and you make things simpler.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
This team is a good fit for you if:
* You are a builder of products. You strive to find an elegant solution for a hard problem and driven to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
* You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment.
* You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
* You want to have fun and surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
-Experience with serverless architectures using AWS services
-Designing Single-page and Multi-page web applications
-Experience with user interface development using JaveScript along with frameworks such as React & Redux.
-Knowledge of REST-API and GraphQL
-Relational and NoSQL database experience
-Experience with continuous deployment pipelines
-Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
-Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.