VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Senior Storage Engineer - Hosting Services
to support the USCIS Enterprise Infrastructure Operations Support Services (EIOSS)
in Washington, DC
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to attain an active DHS EOD required
- Availability: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Assess the storage and backup solutions in use by our current installed-base customers
- Evaluate customer needs based on applications requirements, current capacity and growth trends
- Deliver engineering specifications, assist with functional specifications, and collaborate on technical designs and specifications for projects and initiatives.
- Provide technical services for customers in a highly complex storage and backup environments. Demonstrate ability to assess technical impact to the project/new technology along with technical risks.
- Maintain technical awareness of developments within the backup and storage technology industry and evaluate the applicability of those developments to needs of Fujitsu, in order to ensure that such developments are exploited for the business benefit of the company.
- Define and specify architecture protocols and functional requirements and specifications for storage and backup components.
- 10 years of NetApp storage systems experience; that includes experience with NetApp systems administration support for large scale Windows/UNIX/Linux environments.
- 10 years of experience installing and configuring NetApp storage systems.
- 10 years of experience writing scripts with a scripting language
- 5 years of experience using OCI
- 5 years of experience in managing FlexPod integration with NetApp storage
- 2 years of experience with AWS On-Premise and AWS migrations
- Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.