Overview Our Team
BNY Mellon Asset Servicing provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients- unique needs to help enhance the management, administration and oversight of their entire investment process and deliver the tools they need to expand their ability to process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world.
Asset Servicing Technology Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services teams runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. The Role
We are seeking an Application Support Analyst to support our Asset Servicing Information Delivery Data Warehouse. The position includes a dynamic mix of activities from data analysis, technical support, process improvement, and solution development.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth data and information solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company-s top priorities, this is the place for you.
- Review the incoming alerts from automated monitoring systems and identify correct response.
- Perform data collection and initial analysis to attempt resolution. Leverage documented solutions for previous incidents identified in the business
- Follow the standard procedure to escalate incidents to the appropriate teams for resolution
- Maintain the incident and request tickets up to date with required information
- Act as an SME for all incidents, problems and changes related to applications specific to the line of business
- Prioritize issues coming in directly or from L1 support
- Lead investigations and resolutions for incidents and engage the required groups including Infrastructure Support and Application Development teams (as needed)
- Interact with application support vendors for assistance as needed
- Track the incident throughout the lifecycle and ensure it is closed on completion
- Maintain service uptime and SLA targets
- Participate in root cause analysis to identify problems underlying the incidents and rectify to prevent recurrence
- Identify if change record is required to resolve an issue and follow standard procedure to ensure that a change is opened
- Participate in CABs as needed to follow-through any changes opened for issue resolution
- Support completion of the PTO checklist and provide domain expertise as needed
- Proactively identify and manage continuity, security and resiliency risks that impact the business
- Support impact assessments in coordination with SMO
Assists in maintaining and supporting applications and their operating environments. Responds to alerts and follows standard procedures and documentation for issue resolution. Monitors applications and respond to incidents. Perform routine health checks and validations after changes or significant incidents. Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting for more complex issues. Escalate to second level application or infrastructure support when necessary. Implement automation for routine tasks. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 4-6 years of experience in applications support or production environment required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 6-8 years of experience in applications support or production environment required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
UNIX/Linux including scripting (Perl, shell, etc.), SQL (Oracle)
Development experience, Java, containerization experience, Git repository
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.