Team Red River is seeking a Tactics Development Specialist to work in the San Antonio, TX area. This is an upcoming opportunity. A United States Citizenship and an active TS/SCI DoD Security Clearance is required to be considered for this position. Primary Position Tasks:
The ability of the AFCERT to complete its mission is dependent upon the ability of the Commander's Weapons & Tactics (DOK) flight to serve as the central point of contact (POC) within the Squadron for all Tactics development and documentation that are related to the AFCERT ACD weapon system for mission execution. Tactics Development effort will be performed on-site in the Commander's DOK flight during core duty hours. The contractor employees may be required to adjust duty hours to accommodate performing evaluations for personnel on a different shift. Duties include ensuring all personnel performing evaluations are certified for the function they are evaluating.
• Develop and document new Tactic Improvement Proposals (TIPs), and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) for DCO operations. • Write, update, and maintain various tactics related courseware, handouts, publications, briefings and guides.
• Analyze ACD weapons systems to identify operational deficiencies.
• Assist in planning and executing the Weapons and Tactics Conference and Tactics.
• Support the integration of new equipment into daily operations and exercises by creating new TTPs for DCO functions.
• Update Air Force Tactics Techniques and Procedures (AFTTP) 3-1/3 series publications for ACD and DCO-related weapons systems as needed.
• Create and develop Concept of Operations and Concept or Employment for material solutions or identified operational requirements.
• Identify and recognizing weaknesses in TTPs and equipment.
• Document all new TIPs/TTPs on the appropriate weapons and tactics forms.
• Analyze Tactics Improvement Proposals and recommend command-level actions/solutions and coordinating staff actions to achieve stated solutions.
• Develop, lead, narrate and provide presentations, briefs, and debriefs.
• Support the identification of deficiencies in training, equipment, support or tactics which preclude optimum mission accomplishment.
• Document deficiencies via approved reporting procedures and tracked by the COR in the AFCERT database. • Maintain the unit's tactics library.
• Ensure appropriate tactics related study materials are available for unit personnel.
• Participate in Operations Review Panels/Boards (ORP/ORB) to aid in root cause analysis.
• Operate a Range Scheduling Program with a basic understanding of DoD/U.S. Cyber Ranges/requirements supporting Cyber Weapon Systems.
• Provide meeting minutes within 2 duty days of the ORP/ORB conclusion.
• Provide OJT to other contractor employees, military, and/or civilian personnel, and ensure continuity folders/working aids are updated at least once per quarter in order to ensure efficient transition when personnel rotate.
• Create and document metrics for reporting and analysis to improve weapon system processes and mission execution. • Maintain currency on latest TTPs, trends and provide operational reports/assessments for development of tactics, techniques, and procedures.
• Support and/or augment WEP/TAC conference(s) and exercise support TDY with five (5) day notice. Weapons and Tactics personnel will travel to support the WEP/TAC conferences and exercise support actions.
Minimum Education/Certification/Experience Requirements:
- Contract support requires 100% IAT Level III CND compliance.
Extensive knowledge in programming (Python, PowerShell). • Intermediate knowledge with one or more of the IDS/IPS systems currently in use by the Department of Defense (DoD), Services, and Agencies (i.e., Air Force, Navy, Army, DC3, DISA) or Federal Government and intermediate experience in the following areas: Extensive knowledge of network firewalls, computer and server log analysis, computer network servers (DNS, proxy, e-mail, domain controller, file server, Active Directory) and analysis of their logs; extensive knowledge and experience with network packet capture and analysis software such as WireShark (Ethereal) and Snort; experience with standard DoD network topology and DMZ boundary protection; experience with system analysis software (i.e. EnCase/EnCase Enterprise or FTK), software coding and debugging, and the virtual machine (VM) environment. • Extensive knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework, and its uses within the cybersecurity (e.g., Open Source projects).
The minimum acceptable primary OS Certification Level for this position GCFA, or GCFE.Preferred Education/Certification/Experience:Essential Elements
(Mental; Physical; Equipment used):
This position is an office position that requires remaining in a stationary position for multiple hours throughout the workday.
This position requires the ability to continuously communicate with co-workers throughout the day utilizing Red River approved and/or provided communication tools and equipment.Special Requirements:
- This position will operate from the location specified above, some travel may be required. NTE 25%
- Clearance Level: TS/SCI
- Must be willing to work shift work.
Red River offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an exceptional work environment. You can review our benefit offerings here
. If you are ready to join a growing company, please submit your resume and cover letter (optional).EOE M/F/DISABLED/Vet
Red River is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Red River does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings or otherwise. Placement fees will not be paid to any recruiter unless Red River has an active agreement in place with the recruiter and such a request has been made by the Red River Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Red River Talent Acquisition Team via our Applicant Tracking System. Any unsolicited resumes or other data submitted to Red River in violation of this policy may be used by Red River without obligation to pay any fees of any kind to the recruiter.