We are currently looking for a candidate here in the Chicagoland who can assist us in post sales consulting and implementation, as well as the desire to learn the pre-sales process and help sales efforts from a technical standpoint. This position is based at our Datacenter in Lombard, IL and will require some work on site at various client locations within the Chicagoland area. The ideal candidate must possess 4-5 years of IT consulting experience This position will require the engineer to help with the day to day tasks of managing our MSP environment with a desire to learn and grown into a more network and security focused position. If this sounds like an interesting learning environment, then this is the job for you!
Candidate should have a strong knowledge of: (In order of importance)
- L2\L3 Networking understanding and Configuration Capabilties (Cisco , Juniper, Dell)
- Network security knowledge would be a plus
- Firewall experience (Forinet, Cisco, PFSense, etc)
- VOIP Phone Systems a Plus (Cisco) is a plus
- VMware vSphere in a clustered environment
- VMWare VCenter
- Microsoft Windows experience with Active Directory and other Microsoft technologies
- Microsoft Office 365 experience a plus (management and migration)
- Server Hardware Experience - Cisco, Dell, HP and/or Lenovo etc.
- Ideal to have experience and knowledge with managing centralized storage. ISCSI or Fibre
- Understanding and experienced with managing a backup solution
- Windows Clustering experience a Plus
- Managing server health, server migrations and deployments, optimizing power consumption, and performance
- Project Rollout - Been part of or led a small team for project based work . eg. Network Upgrade, Server OS Migration, etc.
Other Desired Skills:
- Ability to be a self starter
- Client Consulting experience a strong plus
- Technical documentation skills a strong plus
- Project management skills a strong plus
- Applicable certifications a plus
- Data protection concepts