NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Senior ETL Developer to join our team in Chicago, Illinois (US-IL), United States (US). Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide strategic thinking leadership pertaining to new ways of leveraging information to improve business processes.
- Design and document detailed ETL specifications based on business requirements.
- Design and develop using procedural and record based patterns. Analyze functional specifications and assist in designing potential technical solutions.
- Assist in documenting the requirements, resolving ambiguities and conflicts, and ensuring requirements are complete.
- Define, document, develop, enhance and maintain Software application modules in Informatica, ksh, Perl, SQL.
- Develop high performance application using tuning ETL methods related to Informatica and SQL.
- Develop test plans and tests all code following standards and best practices.
- Perform design validation, reconciliation and error handling for all code.
- Understand and execute release management and change management processes for changes to applications.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves application issues and code defects.
- Production support activities involving the identification, troubleshooting and resolution of application issues and code defects
- Work with source system developers and business owners to define data extraction methodologies.
- Work with Data Modelers to develop data warehouse models, design specifications, metadata process and documentation.
- Understand SDLC concepts and complies with the process.
- Demonstrate success working in a team-based environment by following standardized processes.
- Participate and share expertise in peer reviews of documentation and code.
- Manage individual workload and deliver to the agreed upon project milestones
- Coach and mentor junior team members to facilitate their professional development.
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and help resolve issues
- Communicate status / risks to manager regarding delivering solution on time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5 plus years of experience in ETL development, Informatica Programming.
- 5 plus years development experience with database engines including Oracle.
- Strong Database (Modeling, SQL), Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Understanding of BI/ETL development in the IT industry with recent development, system administration, application tuning and debugging experience.
- Knowledge of database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Familiarity with Data Integration/Warehousing methodology and techniques.
- Knowledge of the company's business practices, and familiarity with the industry's products and services is preferred.
- Understanding of SDLC and production environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support rotation.
- Business Application experience: Billing & Rating, Activation & Provisioning, Inventory Management, Sales & Marketing, Campaign Management, Dealer Compensation/Sales Commission, CRM/Customer Service
- Software Engineering: PL-SQL, SQL Plus, K Shell, C Shell, Perl
- Integration Technologies: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Informatica or other leading ETL tools
- Databases: Oracle, SQL, Data Warehousing, OLAP Systems
- O/S & Network: IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, HP/UX, LINUX
PAS2About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. To learn more, please visit
. Furthermore, NTT DATA Services will make accommodations for eligible applicants on a case-by-case basis. Please email for assistance.Nearest Major Market:
Developer, Consulting, Database, Oracle, System Administrator, Technology