Windows Systems Administrator - GPO
Location: Chicago, IL (Remote to start)
Duration: 10 months +
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for overall maintenance, administration, and management of the Microsoft Windows Server environment and ensures Windows Systems are fully patched per company guidelines. The Windows System Administrator is also responsible for managing Active Directory and its Group Policy Objects (GPO). This position troubleshoots Windows Server performance issues.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, ongoing monitoring, and administration of Windows Server Operating System 2008-2019 and its related software.
- Manages Group Policy Objects (GPO) throughout the Active Directory across different domains in the MS Windows environment.
- Troubleshoots Windows Server performance issues and reviews server logs for root cause analysis with recommended solutions.
- Resolves escalated Windows and server applications incident tickets, serving as part of the after-hours support on a rotating basis.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Organization Units (OU) and managing user security using group policies according to company guidelines.
- Responsible for keeping servers fully patched, including hot fixes, according to the MS patch monthly release cycle and company guidelines.
- Develops and maintains system level documentation for the support of business processes.
- Participates in the quarterly disaster recovery test and conducts system maintenance activities.
- Cross trains other team members within and across IS teams to ensure knowledge of the Windows Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required.
- 5+ years of system administration experience in a Windows Server environment, including experience administering in Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Group Policy Objects (GPO) and network-related services, such as Domain Name Service (DNS), DHCP, etc.
- MCSA Certifications highly desired.