Description Job Description:
10K sign on bonus!!
Exciting opening for an experienced Cyber Security Penetration Tester!
This person will work on a team of cyber SMEs providing support to the DHS SOC Support Services Program/CBP.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
The CBP SOC Program has a critical need for a Penetration Tester to join our team working in Ashburn, VAPrimary Responsibilities
Perform internal and external pentest against systems to determine vulnerabilities and offer mitigation strategies.
Perform web app pentests
Perform vulnerability risk assessment
Perform physical pentests and social engineering
Perform cyber incident response as needed for programsQualifications
A minimum of an active Secret clearance (and be able to obtain a DHS CBP BI clearance to support this program.)
BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience
Additional years of experience and cyber certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Experience in web development and programming languages - such as Java, XML, Perl and HTML
- Extensive experience performing IT security risk assessments
- Experienced with the following Web Application tools; Burp Suite, Web Inspect, Appdetective
- Experienced with Kali
- Experienced with IPS/IDS solutions
- Understanding for the Cyber Kill Chain methodology
Prefer one of the following certifications:
External Referral Bonus:
- GIAC Web Applications Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Web Application Defender (GWEB)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
5000Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Cyber OperationsPay Range: