One Company...Many Careers!A Day in the Life of A Data Analyst (Oracle Exadata DBA/DBSA) - req10653
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. The Oracle Product team is seeking a Data Analyst - Oracle Exadata Database Administrator with the passion and skills to provide high level service support to business partners utilizing the Oracle DBMS and Oracle Exadata Platform. We are looking for a highly motivated individuals driven to find solutions that meet technical capability needs, business partner needs and align with the enterprise direction for database management systems and platform strategy.
Office Location: (Bloomington, IL
) ...where we work hard AND play hard! About Bloomington, IL
All positions will be located in Bloomington, IL. Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city. The community is very active and is home to multiple universities including Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University.A Day in the Life of anOracle Exadata Database Administrator
This is a fast paced, critical environment that will provide a service and support to multiple critical business work efforts. Working with product teams to meet their database needs, as well as ensuring the platform that it will run on is as stable, available and secure. We add value to the enterprise by providing stakeholders with a database environment that they can count on.We Are Looking For Candidates With
- Ability to navigate the organization across multiple subject areas
- Understanding of and ability to apply company security and governance policies
- Must have exceptional ability to communicate and distill information based on Audience - Technical / Non- Technical and Executive Leadership
- Must have strong written, communications and documentation experience
- Excellent time management and organizational management skills
- Able to work on initiative from end to end with little or no guidance
- Minimum 8+ years of Oracle DBA experience with minimum 3 years operational experience in Exadata.
- Certification: Oracle Certified DBA, Oracle Exadata Administrator
- Experience as a DBA with Exadata, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Data Guard, database administration and knowledge of Oracle backup & disaster recover methodologies.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of Exadata environments and can speak to all aspects of such environments and Oracle DBs residing on such.
- Experience in database performance tuning
- Experience with Oracle 12.2, 19c
- Experience in backup and recovery using RMAN
- Experience in setting up Disaster Recovery using Data Guard Broker
- Expertise in Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Expertise in Oracle ZFS usage across Exadata Engineered Systems
- Experience in debugging the issues related to Storage, Network and OS configuration related to Database Environment
- Experience with Cell Administration (CellCLI commands)
What You Can Expect
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Technical/Functional Expertise
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may
be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunityWhat's In It for you?
Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers! We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!