Title: Data Scientist
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to success.
- Responsible for providing the data support for enterprise data management tasks, including ingestion, standardization, enrichment, mastering and assembly of data products for downstream applications.
- Provide visibility to Data Quality issues and work with the business owners to fix the issues.
- Implement an Enterprise Data Governance model and actively promote the concept of data standardization, integration, fusion and quality. Support the data requirements of the different functional teams like MS&S, PD, Quality, etc. and all the regional KPI / Metrics initiatives.
- Evaluate, explore and select the right data platform technologies including Big Data, RDBMS & NoSQL to meet the analytics requirements.
- Continuously increase Data Coverage by working closely with stakeholders and Data Scientists, understanding and evaluating their data requirements to create meaningful, organized and structured “information”.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Data Engineering role creating data products, writing codes/queries/scripts and building data visualizations.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data design, data architecture and data modeling (both transactional and analytic).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Hadoop Big Data technology (HDFS, Hive, PySpark, Oozie, QlikView etc.), especially PySpark, Hive, QlikView and Oozie experience transforming, visualizing and scheduling workflows.
- Experience of working within a complex business environment, including at least 5 years in a single function, with deep understanding of the information constructs of that business.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in conceptual thinking of how to apply information solutions to a business challenge.
- Experience of applying problem solving capabilities.
- Proven analytics capability to robustly examine large data sets and highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends.
- Self-starter, demonstrating high levels of data integrity.
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills in Excel.
- Ability to manage deliverables according to a robust project plan.
Data Scientist position is based at our corporate office located in Dearborn, MI. A great opportunity to experience the corporate environment leading personal career growth.
- Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Shweta Huria at shweta. and/or contact at In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name (Data Scientist)
- For more information about STG, please visit us at stgit.com.