Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today!
World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Senior Developer in the IT Application Services organization supporting Material Planning applications in the Supply Chain and Logistics space. These applications are currently being used by our WWT internal users around the globe. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team consisting of other Developers, Analysts, Architects and Product Owners.
Successful candidates will have a background in full stack development and will be responsible for the translation of business needs into IT solutions with current programs, projects, and initiatives in mind. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, highly innovative and has passion for learning both business and technical processes.
At World Wide Technology (WWT) our vision is to be the best technology solution provider in the world. We have remained successful and continue to grow through the recent difficult economic conditions. We strive to build a profitable, growth company that’s also a great place to work.
· Designing, developing, and implementing custom software and database application capabilities
· Lead major projects and complex assignments with broad and ambiguous scope
· Participate in the on-going development and support of existing applications
· Follow agile development methodology and participate in agile ceremonies along with the team.
· Participate in overall strategic technical planning and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps
· Research and adapt technical solutions based on changing business needs
· Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise, provide recommendations
· Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
· Actively participate in release and sprint planning, story creation, sprint testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, demonstrations, retrospectives and solution releases.
· Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet development guidelines
· Learn and understand WWT's business processes
· Work closely with other developers, analysts, architect, and product owner to ensure development meets requirements and delivers optimal performance to our end users; identify constraints and help mitigate risks.
· Identify and remove technical impediments from the team
· Guide, mentor, and provide good constructive feedback to team members
· Hold teams accountable to following architectural guidelines and standards
· Bachelors, Masters or MBA degree preferably in Computer Science, MIS or Supply Chain
· 2+ years experience in a senior technical role
· 5+ years of broad development experience with technologies and frameworks such as (all technologies not required but experience in front-end, middle, and backend preferred):
o Java, Spring, Grails, or C#
o Vue.js preferably or React, Angular
o SQL, PL/SQL
o Oracle DB, Mongo DB
o RabbitMQ or other messaging systems
· Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools
· Enjoy teaching and sharing knowledge/experience to help grow other members of the team
· Possess mindset of picking the right tool for the job irrespective of personal technology preferences
· Test-First mindset across all levels of application development including unit, functional, end-to-end and regression testing.
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) for both technical and non-technical audiences
· Self-motivated and exemplifies WWT Core Values
· Ability to thrive in an agile environment with evolving requirements
· Knowledge of Supply Chain services, strategy and processes is a plus
· Critical thinker with the ability to breakdown complex technical requirements.
· Ability to be innovative, have outside-the-box creativity, and present alternative ideas
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be discussed in the pre-hire process.