We Are Hiring
The newly formed Ascension Design team is looking for an experienced User Experience Researcher
to join us in designing the future of people-centered healthcare
. This role will be part of the early formation
of the interdisciplinary Design team
at Ascension, the largest non-profit healthcare system in the United States, and is based out of Ascension's new design studio
located in the heart of St Louis's booming Cortex innovation district.
As a Senior User Experience Researcher, you will be at the forefront of the transformation of healthcare
by identifying the most meaningful patient and clinician needs for our teams to address. You will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of designers and product managers on field research, concept envisioning, and iterative testing across a wide range of initiatives such as addressing social determinants of health, improving the daily experience of clinical providers, streamlining access to healthcare services, or supporting individuals with chronic conditions, to name a few. Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. Where You Will Work
This position is based out of our new studio located in Cortex, the region's largest innovation campus. Located in the heart of St. Louis, Cortex is a nationally recognized innovation hub that supports all technology sectors. As such, Ascension joins this community to help you thrive. Enjoy great food, gourmet coffee, gym, and a variety of workspaces and recreational activities to spark your creativity. With such a strong network of tech professionals in the area, you'll have plenty of opportunity to make connections and exchange ideas! What You Will Do
Our interdisciplinary teams follow a human-centered design approach in their work, and you will serve as an expert collaborator to them in applying human-centered design research methods. This includes exploratory research and synthesis
to understand latent user needs, design
explorations to iteratively generate design options, ample prototyping and user testing
to bring ideas to life. Please include a link to your portfolio in your application. Responsibilities
- Conduct exploratory research, concept validation and usability testing
- Design research studies, gather data, synthesize it into actionable insights and disseminate findings to various teams through reports and presentations
- Create research reports, user journey maps, workflows, personas, day-in-the-life scenarios, and use case summaries to help deepen organizational understanding of our users
- Collaborate with designers to test design concepts through lean research and usability testing
- Facilitate innovation workshops with designers, product managers, engineers and other stakeholders on envisioning exercises grounded in research insights
What You Will Need Education:
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and their application
- Experience conducting ethnography, semi-structured interviews, focus groups, contextual field visits, workflow analysis, usability testing, and human factors studies
- Experience leading design research activities for both services and digital interfaces
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Strong knowledge of statistics and research study design
- Experience conducting evaluative research and usability testing of digital interfaces
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in groups
- Willingness to travel
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of Professional Design experience required.
- 5 years of Professional Design experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
#m!t2020 Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify
(link to E-verify site)