Senior Hardware Engineer - Towson, MDMake Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 56,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Senior Hardware Engineer, you'll be part of our team located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Will be responsible for implementing motor control platforms for brushless professional power tool products that satisfy end user needs in the Global Tools and Storage business unit.
- Learn product development milestones in a world-class product management system from concept through design, mass manufacturing, and full product cycle life support.
- Work closely with the Global Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing teams, on the development of products as part of the project team.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering at an ABET recognized institution.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Analog hardware design, troubleshooting, DFMEA, and hands on failure analysis.
- Power electronics and heat dissipation methods.
- Brushless motor controls and embedded systems.
- Circuit simulation with LTSpice or similar.
- Design and build working prototypes.
- PCB design using Altium or similar a plus.
- Lithium ion battery management a plus.
- Understanding of electronics manufacturing and design for high volume production and fault tolerant design practices a plus.
- Ability to coordinate projects with manufacturing and component suppliers.
- Good communication skills and able to self-prioritize tasks.
- Able to clearly present ideas and effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong desire to learn and strives to exceed expectations.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.