Lead Project Engineer - Electrical HardwareTowson, MD - MUST LIVE WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE FROM THE LOCATION Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Lead Project Engineer, you'll be part of our Global Tools and Storage team located in Towson, MD or virtual. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Work closely with the Global Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing teams to drive platform strategy and roadmaps that support product portfolios across multiple strategic business units while interfacing with members of cross-functional product development teams in other disciplines.
- Lead a team of Electrical Engineers in the research and development of electronic hardware designs for brushless motor control platforms, deliveringconcurrent product development projects with a high degree of technical complexity and challenges.
- Directs team design of new products and platforms, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Set deliverables and project timelines, reviews status, hold the team accountable and help remove roadblocks.
- Effectively identify and communicate major technical and schedule issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving appropriate actions.
- Mentor and develop team to harness their creativity, challenge their current thinking, and propose new solutions that lead to successful outcomes.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Bachelor's degree inElectrical orElectronicsEngineering a minimum.
- 9+ yearsof experience inElectronicsdesign within a relevant industry.
- 3+ years of experiencemanaging, coaching,and developing individuals and teams of3or moreEngineers.
- A broad range of experiencewith astrongbackground in electronics design.
- Understanding of electronics manufacturing and design for high volume production and fault tolerant design practices.
- Experience inembedded systems andmotor/motion controls systems desired.
- Knowledge in some or all the following areas: switch-mode power supply design, electric motor controls, lithium ion battery management,DFMEA, AC/DC and brushless motors.
- Ability to travel globally as needed.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.