Are you a fit for our team? At Genesis, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals are the substance behind the world-class services we deliver. Working at Genesis means you will be utilizing cutting-edge technologies and systems, bolstering your expertise while constantly acquiring new skills. We promote a culture of innovation where our employees' ideas and talents can thrive.
Join us! Our business is growing, and so is our team! We are always on the lookout for skilled professionals to join us and welcome you to browse our current opening below.
On a day-to-day basis this IP Networking Solution Engineer/Architect/Tester will work as part of a DevOps team to develop, test, and maintain automation systems for
- Capturing the designs of cloud and traditional IP networks
- Using a database management system to manage the life cycle of these designs
- Interacting with other IP management systems like IPAM
- Generating IP network data and storing in the database
- Supporting lab IP network platform builds and associated connectivity needs.
- Reporting the activities, errors, validation tasks, etc.
The duties would include:
- Unit and end-to-end system testing of IP Networking Automation platform
- Participate in and drive software development life-cycle activities
- Conduct and participate in design discussions / scrum meetings
- Document platform / system design
- Implement and troubleshoot IP networking connectivity
- Build/support relational database applications in Python
- Apply DevOps principles to automate aspects of software/platform life cycle
- Support production issues
Key skills needed (in priority order):
- 5+ years of network design experience with a thorough knowledge of IP networking, switching, and routing. Thorough knowledge of IP network design across a collection of interrelated network functions deployed to a cloud instance (up to and including the design implications to the switching and routing elements)
- 5+ years implementing (and troubleshooting) IP network connectivity
- 5+ years testing software systems (documenting and executing test cases, automating tests, generating test dependency documents, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with running applications in a Linux environment (including scripting, OS configuration, etc.)
- 5+ years in relational database design and administration (MySQL/Postgres).
- 2+ year relational database application development experience including building relational database applications in Python
- A solid understand of mobility network elements
- Experience cloud computing, building containers, CI/CD pipelines, deploying using Kubernetes and GitOps
- Experience with test automation, robot scripting, automated unit testing (e.g. Mocha)
- Experience with JIRA/iTrack
- Experience with the Flask web application framework
- Knowledge of either Apache or Nginx (community edition) and deploying web-based applications in those environments
- Self-driven, teamwork oriented, and good communication skills a must
- Ability to work in a small, agile team environment