Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is seeking a motivated and qualified candidate performing duties as a Logistics / Procurement Engineer
as a principle contributing member of our team in support of procurement for the customers engineering programs. They You will use your thorough understanding of procurement and logistical practices that are typical in a fast paced Information Technology asset management environment supporting the Government. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA
Candidate shall specifically:
- Request vendor quotes on behalf of the customer using the established procurement process and systems.
- Receive, process, and track customer equipment orders using established systems, keeping the customer informed of the status of all orders.
- Use the established procurement system to generate/track quotes and generate/track orders on behalf of the customer.
- Ship and receive IT equipment worldwide on behalf of the customer using established practices.
- Interface with shipping companies and customer contracted carriers to ensure efficient delivery and receipt of IT equipment.
- Maintain inventory control using customer's automated inventory control system and other inventory tracking systems.
- Perform IT equipment audits annually, or as requested by the customer.
- Travel to other customer locations to support audits and inventory management; travel estimated at no more than 1-2 trips per year.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- 6 years industry experience with an Associate degree; experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Must be familiar with and able to work within an environment using industry standard logistical principles to include understanding of IT related equipment and ordering of them.
- Must be able to lift ~50 lbs as part of regular duties; no waivers.
- Must have a solid working knowledge in asset management control to include procedures and accountability.
- Must have experience with the daily use of asset management tools and warehouse related equipment such as electric lifts, pallet jacks, and dollies.
- Must have experience in the reconciliation of inventories.
- Must be accustomed to working with commercial shipping carriers.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work independently or under only general supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool suite.
- Prior logistics / procurement experience with the Intel Community.
- Current logistical industry or OHSA certification a plus.
- Microsoft Office tools familiarity including PowerPoint presentation and Excel spreadsheet development skills preferred.
- Experience with the WASP asset management system and SAP records management application.
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: