Title: Sr. DevOp Engineer
Location: Issaquah, WA
Job #: KR794985113
Note: This job is not open to C2C or 3rd party candidates.
IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker. WHY IGNW?
So many reasons, one being IGNW being voted Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/glassdoor-best-places-to-work-2020 . IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agency/ignw/
Take a look and see if this is a match.... or any other jobs posted! Project Scope:
Our client has an immediate need for a Sr. DevOp Engineer
with the following skills and experience: Responsibilities:
- Understand IaaC - essential
- Understand Templating
- really solid CI/CD Practices
- Terraform or Cloud formation
- (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt - These are not IaaC - these are configuaration management and not as important. )
- Understand SW Dev release process - critical. release from development thru Prod. Branching. Versioning. How an application is released to a production.
- Worked in Cloud - environment is Azure. Need to understand some of the fundamentals of the cloud more than the cloud.
- Good to know how Active Directory works. How does DNS work. If they have cut their teeth in AWS they will do just fine in azure.
- How SW is built - experience in compilation, the process that is actually packaging the SW
- Good understanding of IaC
- Solid CI/CI experience, expert in CI/CD practices
- Experience with Software Release processes and should have participated in release process from development to production, understand testing, versioning, etc
- Experience working in the cloud (Azure or AWS)
- Terraform would be a plus along with CloudFormation or Azure templates, etc
- Ansible skills could be used, but not required
- Understanding of how software is built and the process of packaging up software
- Understands fundamentals of MS technologies more important that having Azure experience
- You should come form the software side of the house, not IT (you may have been worked in Quality Assurance in the past or Release Management or be part of a CI/CD team).
- Need to exude confidence, enough to be outspoken and help steer, influence, guide - as well likes to teach and coach. (If you are mid-level you would need to possess GREAT energy and motivation to make up for not being senior.)
Please note: Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Please send in your resume today and be sure to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters:
Check out our reviews here: glassdoor.com
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs