Position at NICE CXone
Senior Voice Engineer Location: Remote (US)
NICE makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world's No.1 cloud customer experience platform, CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation, and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
The Senior Voice Engineer is responsible for deploying, provisioning, configuring, monitoring, testing, and supporting NICE CXone's Voice infrastructure. This position also evaluates and designs VOIP Technologies, manages the transition from design to production readiness, collaborates with Voice Architects and other Operations Engineers when implementing designs, and provides recommendations to ensure successful execution. Additionally, the Voice Engineer documents design according to company and departmental standards and develops detailed support documentation for use by operational and maintenance organizations. Finally, the Voice Engineer is relied upon to provide support to internal groups, customers, and partners.Major Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on application of technologies and processes to support proof-of-concept development, review of critical systems.
- Support local/regional Sales and Operations teams as the go-to Voice / Telephony resource
- Function as technical lead on Voice infrastructure-related projects
- Collaborate with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other parties to understand and develop solutions across the enterprise.
- Performs routine maintenance and grooming of voice network infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams to resolve escalated issues
- Configure and optimize telephony systems and Session Border Controllers (SBC) from Ribbon Communications (Sonus), Audio Codes and Cisco (Broadworks) at the intermediate and/or expert level
- Complex voice translation and design
- Disaster recovery implementation and planning
- Voice network upgrade, implementation, expansion
- Designs, reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and maintains CXone's voice network
- Develops, tests, and implements telecommunication solutions
- Monitors and responds to network troubles, outages, and events
- Must be able to support a flexible schedule and on-call services
- May be required to work occasional nights, evenings, and weekends
- Must be able to function in a high-stress environment
- Must be a self-starter, self-sufficient and independent.
- Perform both oral and written knowledge transfer and training to technical team members, and other stakeholders
- Follow the company Code of Ethics, policies, and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of Nice CXone
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job-Related SkillsEducation Requirement:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience requiredExperience Requirements:
- 5+ years' experience in telecommunications
- Advanced knowledge of VoIP and SIP
- Advanced knowledge of Session Broder Controllers in carrier-grade environments
- Advanced level experience with administration and management of either Ribbon Communications/Sonus (SBC and PSX) or AudioCodes
- Understanding of call routing principles (quality metrics, Least Cost Routing, Number Portability)
- Experience with Network Sniffer Technologies and Capture Tools (Wireshark, Empirix)
- Experience with Network Monitoring and Management systems
- Command level knowledge of UNIX / Linux OS
- Experience with structured Trouble Ticket systems such as Remedy or ServiceNow
- Help Desk or Technical Customer support experience
- Understanding of WebRTC
- Understanding of TLS and SRTP
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communications and team-working skills
- An independent and self-starter individual, with excellent problem-solving skills who thrives in high-paced, high-pressure environments
- Ability to work off-hours and weekends when needed or as part of 24/7 on-call rotation schedule.
ABOUT NICE CXone:
- Understanding of Teams telephony
- Understanding of Stir/Shaken
- Working knowledge of Broadworks/Broadsoft (Cisco)
- UNIX & Linux administration
- Understanding of Contact Center Environments
- Understanding of call recording (Ex: SIPREC)
- Knowledge of Ribbon Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Sonus / Ribbon accreditation
- Knowledge of Poly (Polycom) systems
- Ability to script or automate repetitive processes
- Working knowledge of IP networks and concepts (TCP/IP, subnetting, Routing, VLAN, IPSEC, Domains, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Knowledge VOIP testing tools (Cyara, Spearline, TestWebRTC)
NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world's #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.