Senior SQL Developer
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
CoStar's software developers build products that facilitate 86% of commercial real estate transactions in the United States. These transactions range from a small business owner leasing their first office space to a large multi-national buying a new headquarters campus. On any given day our developers are building products that manage nearly a trillion dollars of potential real estate transactions. As a member of the Global Research Development Team, you will be working on the Enterprise applications our employees use every day.
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available data solutions.
- Build: Build solutions that operate on massive amounts of data in high transaction volume applications.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality. (Our customers are not beta testers.)
- Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely to DevOps to resolve operational issues.
- Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
Are you up for the challenge?
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products that leverage terabytes of data
- 5+ years of deep database engineering experience
- 3+ years in ETL (data pipeline) engineering experience
- Ability to analyze technical requirements and design new architectures, data models and ETL strategies
- Expertise database design, complex T-SQL programming, performance tuning and index analysis
- Deliver work products that meets specifications, are free of defects, and have optimal performance
- Define Database Architecture and Development best practices
- Facilitate discussions among database developers to exchange ideas and introduce new database technologies
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices.
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
- Experience with AWS SQL and NoSQL databases. Experience with integration products like Glue, Lambda, AWS Data Pipeline, and/or Database migration services a plus
- Market-leading compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits with a choice of two plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability benefits
- A rich 401(k) plan
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing