Software Engineer II (AWS, C#)Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Software Engineer II designs, develops, tests and maintains the NICE inContact software platform. Key responsibilities include all tiers of the NICE inContact technology, including (but not limited to) design and development of NICE inContact products and features, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment, and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile development processes. The Software Engineer II also may mentor junior staff members.
The ESC team's primary mission is to move our current-generation ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) forward into what has been known as our v.Next vision, the future platform of this core system to our business. Key goals include scaling to large enterprise needs and enhancing the platform to enable further innovation. We will evolve from a cluster-based infrastructure, towards a clusterless implementation based on AWS technology. This involves decomposing our monolith application to distributed microservices that can be deployed incrementally. We will also work to scale our existing infrastructure and platform. Team members will have the opportunity to investigate and apply the latest distributed, cloud-based technology to keep NICE inContact as the leader in Contact Center as a Service market. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology on a mission-critical system.As a Software Engineer II, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Code and test projects.
- Create automation to ensure quality.
- Deliver high quality, sustainable, maintainable code.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Works with system analysts and product management for the successful completion of a project.
- Mentors interns and new hires
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 2-5 years experience in software development
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite (.NET Framework, Visual Studio) or other similar open source software stack
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of unit testing
- Working knowledge of user stories or use cases
- Team Player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Experience developing with SQL Server or equivalent
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development processes
- Experience with call centers
- Experience working in a CI/CD Environment
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world's No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.