Description Job Description:
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Java Developer with Struts 2 / Spring in Baltimore, MD.
The Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review)
Leidos delivers services and technical leadership for mission-critical federal government, public sector and private sector programs. This opportunity is within our Health organization supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration.
The opportunity is located in Baltimore, on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd.
- Required Skills:
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java 1.8 and above.
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts 2, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC.
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Spring Rest API, Spring Core, and Spring Data JPA.
- Experience using AWS - EC2,Lambda,S3,RDS,DynoDB,Cloud Watch, Route 53, IAM,ECS
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Dyna Trace and Introscope.
- Experience working with Messaging Queues (JMS).
- Basic knowledge of Open Shift.
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Day to Day Duties
- Candidate will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. The candidate will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
- Candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
- The position will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities.
- Master's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 12 years of relevant professional experience