Assistant Vice President, Network Operations
Experience managing network operations. Responsive to incident situations. Can supervise network engineers performing maintenance, patching and replacements. Must also have excellent verbal and written communication skills n order to articulate and disseminate Network Operations policies and procedures across the organization including the mentoring of team members.
Manage and lead other network engineers, and coordinate effective network practices.
40% Engineering / 60% Management
Working knowledge of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security.
Working knowledge in networking and protocols - BGP, OSFP, IP, WANs, LANs, NAT, VPNs.
Tools:, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco ACI, Cisco ISE, Solar Winds Network Management.
Bachelor’s degree required. 6-10 years of relevant work experience. Preferred certifications: ITIL Foundation, CCNA, CCIE, TOGAF
Serve to manage network service quality, support the security program and evolve network architecture. Manage support contracts and technology refresh of network infrastructure. Support and continue to develop Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Spine and Leaf Architecture, multiple VPLS networks. Follow technology trends and suggest roadmap elements to maintain technology relevance. Create processes to remediate identified vulnerabilities in a timely fashion. Assure production service.
- Working closely with Information Security, ensure a secure enterprise network environment.
- Prepare and management reports. Implement appropriate changes, updates, and upgrades in response to vulnerabilities and incursions.
- Support the process owner(s) for NS, TVM and SIEM by actively participating in RCSAs and other risk assessments targeting these processes. Work with ITG management, COE and IRM to implement CUSO and industry cybersecurity standards and policies.
- Assist in the development of procedures related to the above processes and ensure they are followed by self and direct reports.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating penetration tests.
- Assist in developing strategies and solutions for remediating audit issues and MSIIs, and ensure remediation activities are tracked and completed by due dates.
- Organize network incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Assure that run books and documentation are current.
- Handle Sizing, availability and HA for Cisco ACI and Palo Alto NGFW, Cisco legacy Router and Switch (Nexus as well)).
- Support Palo Alto NW services, Palo is handling BGP, OSPF, NAT, L2L VPN and Remote Access (Global Protect) in future.
- Manage and perform emergency (urgent, necessary) work (troubleshooting, urgent job request) even after hour or weekend.
- Leading Projects, Troubleshooting, and Improvement work.
- Coordinating between other team, group and department.
- Distribute (assign) task to Engineer.
- Designate team members to perform monitoring of the network , especially a pre-business day environment check. Review and react to findings.
- Evaluate Engineer performance.
- Liaison between Auditor and Engineer.
- Back up Engineers, responding any other group request task.
- Getting report from Engineer and report summary to VP periodically.
- Develop staff through recruiting and training existing members
- Sharing work information (assignment task and status) to ensure fairness between Engineers.