JOIN TARGET SUPPLY CHAIN AS A LEAD OPERATIONS RESEARCH - NETWORK PLANNING (MATH/STATS, OPTIMIZATION, MACHINE LEARNING)About Target:
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics (GSCL) is an evolving at fast pace. We're constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest faster and more efficiently. Network Planning and Global intelligence (NPGI) team is at the forefront of defining future road map for GSCL. NPGI team includes intelligence product teams and aligns them with network planning experts to build industry-leading inventory management and last-mile capabilities. The NP&GI team is made up of Network Planning & Decision sciences, Future Transportation, Inventory Health, Sales and Operations Planning and Order Management System.About this opportunity:
Do you want to shape the future Supply Chain and Logistics strategy for a fortune 30 company and one of America's leading Retailer? Do you want to optimize Target's Global Supply Chain end to end, from sourcing to delivery of packages to guest? Are you excited at the prospect of analyzing large data sets and developing complex algorithms, simulation and optimization models to solve real world problems?
A role as a Lead Operations Research Scientist means you have an opportunity to contribute to the team that is at the forefront of defining future omni-channel operating model for Target's Global Supply Chain across first, middle and last mile. You will develop cutting edge data pipelines, optimization and simulation models to design and operate Target's Global Supply Chain in fast and efficient manner and work with stake holders across the company in Finance, Merchandising, Stores and GSCL teams to enable supply chain transformation.As a Lead Operations Research Scientist you will:
- Develop an understanding Supply chain operational and financial metrics of supply chain through data analysis.
- Analyze large amounts of supply chain data at the most granular level & develop key metrics to evaluate the performance of supply Chain across Sales, transportation, operations and inventory.
- Develop creative solutions for individual modules of end to end supply chain optimization models and solve the problem leveraging complex algorithms, Machine learning, Simulation and optimization modeling techniques
- Perform root cause analysis to understand key drivers of operational performance, variance in the projected outcomes.
- Interpret results from the models and provide insights to the leadership team
- Engage and collaborate with Stake holders across GSCL and other teams to drive timely outcomes for the project
- Lead peers and mentor junior team members as need based on the project. Lead cross functional groups across multiple locations
- Develop a clear and concise story & problem statements with data to influence decision making with senior leadership teams.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About You:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- MS/PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer science and other related quantitative fields
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a supply chain environment
- Demonstrated experience programming in the following:
- SQL, Python, R, Spark and Shell script
- Knowledge and experience with implementation of Optimization, Simulation and Machine Learning models
- Knowledge of advanced Statistics, Mathematical programming (Deterministic, stochastic, constrained), Analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1- for additional information.