A well established healthcare technology company that offers software, analytics, network solutions, and technology services is actively looking for Backend Java Engineer to join on of their core distributed remote engineering teams!
If hired, you will be joining an energetic software development group that is building and extending their Core Transaction Processing system. This is a high transaction platform build on cloud-native Java technologies and is integrated with hundreds of systems both internal to the organization and externally with their many partners. You will also have the opportunity to drive the direction of the platform with a say in the definition, design, development, and deployment of next gen features.
This is a fast-moving opportunity and looking to interview immediately. They have an efficient 2-step process and looking to have someone onboard by November.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in computer science, additional years of experience considered in lieu of a degree
- Core Java fundamentals and programming
- Common web frameworks, ideally Spring (MVC, Boot, Integration, REST etc.)
- Experience building out large scale, robust, and secure REST services
- Knowledge of commonly used design patterns and architectures
- Relational databases (SQL)
- Source control with TFS, Git, or similar tool
- QA fundamentals and ability to develop your own unit and integration tests
- Strong team player and previous work in collaborative software development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creative thinking and problem solving ability
Desired Skills & Experience
- CI/CD tools and work with containerized applications (Jenkins/Docker/Kubernetes)
- Message queuing systems like Kafka, Rabbit, etc.
- AWS cloud or similar
- TDD and/or XP methods
- Experience in the financial industry or other environment with regulatory concerns
- Contract Pay: Up to $60/hr, DOE
- Contract duration: 1 year with opportunity to convert or extend
You will receive the following benefits while on contract:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.