- Infrastructure automation writing
- CFT API gateway setup and configuration including security implemention
- CI/CD automation of container based implemenation using Jenkins
- Build of Spring / Maven based applications
- Familiarity of ECS related configuratiions and deployment
- Provisioning of services ECS, SQS, SNS, S3
- Usage of IM roles / groups and networking configurations
- Agile full service development embedded on team
General Position Summary:
As a part of a dedicated DevOps Engineering Team, the DevOps Engineer provides a wide variety of systems administration functions, with emphasis on building, maintaining, and refining a full stack, centralized DevOps CI/CD pipeline. The role is responsible for supporting the DevOps platform on AWS public cloud which includes the incorporation of native cloud techniques and features (high availability, scalability, self-healing, etc.). The DevOps/Cloud engineer will also develop, through programming and scripting, automation to further expand and refine the DevOps tool sets. The role also provides ongoing systems administration, technical support, upgrades, and troubleshooting services. The role works closely with application and product teams in understanding their specific automation requirements and implement with them an optimal CI/CD pipeline.
- DevOps Engineer will be working closely with the software development teams in defining their DevOps CI/CD pipeline and processes and implement and configure the DevOps tools with them.
- Incorporate AWS native cloud services and features to enhance the performance and resilience of the DevOps tools and infrastructure.
- Contribute and collaborate to design, document, and publish DevOps and cloud standards, principles, guidelines and best practices.
- Seek opportunities to increase the business value of the DevOps tool chain through research and investigation, application team input, automation options, POCs, etc.
- Provide full coverage for Linux or Windows system administration functions to support the DevOps tool sets.
- Install, configure, support, and maintain middleware (e.g., JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Windows Server, IIS, etc.) to support the DevOps tool sets.
- Proactively stays abreast of new AWS offerings and services
- Transform development processes for existing applications into a continuous integration, continuous delivery driven software development lifecycle
- Experience with AWS services to support native cloud support of DevOps tools
- Proven experience in Serverless Architecture, Containers orchestration tools like ECS, Kubernetes, developing CloudFormation Templates, knowledge of SAM templates preferred and/or Terraform
- Design, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Experience in provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of version control systems, build tools and continuous integration tools
- Proficient with application build and release processes and DevOps-relevant programming and scripting.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows environments
- AWS Certification is required.