The Digital Advice (DA) engineering teams manage a suite of Schwab automated investing products, including Schwab Intelligent Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium. We deliver great platforms through teamwork, innovation, and attention to quality in order bring automated investment solutions to more customers. Schwab Intelligent Portfolios is a fully automated investment advisory service with features such as goal tracking, automatic rebalancing, and tax-loss harvesting. Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium is a hybrid advisory service that takes the benefits from Schwab Intelligent Portfolios and adds in financial planning and live credentialed professionals.
DA is looking for a Senior Technical Analyst who will own the technical requirements phase of the SDLC to be implemented by the Intelligent Portfolios engineering teams. This position has the unique opportunity to play the Product Owner role for a team focused on technology modernization initiatives (may be referred to as a Technical PO or Technical Analyst). These teams develop, test, and release Web UI, presentation-layer APIs, core business logic APIs, workers, databases, and libraries that back the Intelligent Portfolios product offering. This position provides the opportunity to work innovatively and collaboratively with product and technology partners to execute to Schwab's vision to be the most trusted leader in financial services. What you are good at
What you have
- Be a self-starter who partners well with others and leads by example
- Analyze product and technology needs and translate them into cohesive and detailed technical requirements in Jira Epics and User Stories that are ready for engineering teams to implement
- Prioritize an engineering team's backlog, participating in Agile ceremonies and representing the "What" and "Why" for the defined work
- Work closely with Solution Architects, Product Owners, and Engineering Leads to document technology solutions that meet client and business needs
- Understand complex problems and collaborate with stakeholders to produce simple solutions
- Facilitate effective requirements gathering sessions while exhibiting confidence and extensive knowledge of business requirements and technology best practices
- Produce technical requirements, functional system documentation, data contracts (in Swagger), activity & process flow diagrams, endpoint inventories, and data mappings
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with team members and stakeholders
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements with greater reusability, and reduced maintenance complexity
- Represent application flows and answer key functional questions regarding application behavior
- 8+ years of experience writing product requirements, technical requirements, and producing system/product documentation
- Proficient in collaborating with business and technical teams to understand requirements
- Effective at analyzing data, data flows and generating data mappings to provide business solutions
- Experience doing impact analysis and understanding data changes in upstream/downstream systems
- Solid experience and understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Experience and working knowledge of Web Applications, User Interfaces, Databases, Web Services, batch processing technologies
- Experience working on teams leveraging Behavior Driven Design (BDD) or Test Driven Design (TDD)
- Experience documenting and supporting large software systems, particularly distributed systems
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills for partnering with all technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Superb attention to detail and pursuit of exceptional quality software solutions
- Strong knowledge of collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, as well as Microsoft tools Excel, Word, and Visio
- Ability to handle tasks with competing priorities
- Ability to effectively persuade and influence all levels of staff through strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivation and passion for meeting the needs of each customer
- Experience working in an engineering role (Software Engineer, Quality Engineer, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-native enterprise applications in public or private cloud is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with trading systems or financial services experience is a plus
Target Total Compensation - $111,000 - $201,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.