CGI Federal is looking for a Java Developer for a custom software system, who will be working on a small team and be responsible for creating and updating training manuals for a custom software system.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• This position is for a Java Developer for a custom software system.
• Work in Agile Project Development.
• Design and implement Java application phases.
• Write code per app specifications.
• Test to ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
• System test application
• Analyze user requirements to determine how to translate into Java
• Make recommendations to existing job infrastructure.
• Continually engage in professional development.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Professional IT /certification, preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience developing apps.
• Expert level in Java programming.
• Experience in SQL base development.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a software development team on tight deadlines
• Experienced in developing web applications
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a growing team of passionate technologists excited to solve our clients' problems. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using best-in-class software to support a migration from prem to AWS cloud, system modernization, and RPA implementation. As an analyst, you will be working to support the client's mission by automating, analyzing, and optimizing existing processes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities with the ability to support multiple work streams and drive assimilation of new techniques and solutions.
• Advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions focused on the heart of the business issues
• Translate client business requirements into clean, intuitive and streamlined technical requirements.
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Strong ability to capture and gather business requirements
• Knowledgeable in MS Office Products and MS Teams
• Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
• Experience with breaking down business needs and assessing how to accomplish through the application of technology.
• Experience participating in setting engagement objectives and scope; developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinating activities between work streams and identifying changes in scope.
• Working with technical team to ensure software and cloud requirements are properly captured and documented.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Ability to self-motivate, work independently with little direction as well as with a team.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
- Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
- Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
- Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
#CGIFederalJobBuild your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills