Do you like to tinker with new programming framework and technologies? Do you see problems as challenges – opportunities to make something better? Do you want to build web-based software that helps real people every day? And do you want to have fun and learn new skills while doing it? We can give you that opportunity.Who are we?
We are the NIC division of Tyler Technologies. We are a talented team of programmers, artists and project managers who are dedicated to improving the lives of Arkansas citizens through the e-government web-based applications we build. We are united by the belief that government doesn’t work how we, The People of the Internet, expect today. We are passionately leading a new era of digital public service, using technology to bring government to the people of Arkansas in proactive, personalized, meaningful and convenient ways. Our Technology Stack
You’ll Need These
- Both on-prem and AWS-based hosting
- 80% PHP/Linux/MySQL/NGINX, 20% .NET/C#
- CI/CD with Jenkins
- MacBook workstations
You’ll Really Stand Out with These
- Strong understanding of web development principles (HTTP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and object-oriented programming
- Experience developing in PHP or other similar scripting languages
- Experience with SQL (preferably MySQL), query profiling/tuning, and user management
- Web-oriented development framework experience
- The ability to balance code perfection with real-world time-to-market considerations
What's in it for you?
- Experience with other scripting languages, such as Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience with .NET/C#
- Multiple PHP framework experience
- More advanced system administration such as networking or web server configuration
- CI/CD, particularly in Jenkins
- Background with unit testing, especially PHPUnit
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or comparable experience
We are currently working 100% remotely and plan to continue indefinitely. We provide generous comprehensive medical, as well as dental/vision insurance, life insurance, company matched 401K and stock purchase plans, and generous paid time-off accrual. Salary is competitive, negotiable, and depends on experience. We're looking for passionate mid to senior level developers who are hungry to hone their skills and looking to take on new challenges.
NIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer