REMOTE Design Lead, Innovations
- Dallas, TX area preferred but remote start is allowed.About the team
This team builds digital products to enhance the lives of millions of associates. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for designing richly compelling experiences for associates across the globe. This position will work with cross-functional to develop solutions that empower 1.5 million+ employees to do their jobs in our offices, stores and supply chain.
As a Design Lead, we need your expertise to make an impact in highly strategic and important initiatives within the Enterprise Business team. Specifically, your assignment is to help the team to deeply empathize with the customer, liaise across partners in Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom.You'll make an impact by...
You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
- Leading in the creation of business and associate product experiences.
- Thinking holistically - about the associates using our products, a cohesive design system and end to end experiences.
- Solving complex problems and working with others with the same passion to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure.
- Leading the team in maintaining a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
- Designing solutions driven by KPIs and milestones
- Multitasking across different projects and adapting to changing priorities
- Championing the Design Thinking philosophy throughout the business
- Communicating effectively with kindness and empathy
- Supporting and guiding less experienced designers to learn and grow in the field
- You're a systems thinker with the ability to communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding
- Have a strategic mindset and a systems thinking approach
- You are a "jack of all trades" and willing to dip your toes into experimenting with new technologies
- Deep understanding of design theory and concepts needed to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast).
- Ability to create design templates and patterns that mesh with the broader system
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills at the executive level.
- Producing great work in a short timeframe, multitask across different projects and platforms, and adapt to the business's ever-changing priorities.
- Degree in HCI, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar.
- Senior level IC professional with 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 1 years' experience mentoring and providing feedback to other designers
- 4 years' experience gathering business requirements, product assessments, competitive analysis and secondary research
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and bring clarity to teams through your master of the UX process
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications
- Have a fantastic portfolio of elegant design solutions.
- Master of written and verbal communication.
If interested in this role, please send your resume to Mac Leichner, Account Manager, via
*You can register to receive job alerts that match your criteria from Apex via http://itcareers.apexsystems.com/
and contact me if you see one you'd like to pursue (we recommend applying if you meet 80%+ of qualifications and are interested in the rest)!*
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at